8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a Mugen Quickshifter, now I'm wondering if while I'm at it I should put in the aluminum base bushings and possibly the aluminum cable bushings. Just wondering if this setup may be too ridgid. In my mind it seems like there should be some rubber for a little play? I don't know. Any Ideas??? Also going to put in Amsoil Tranny Fluid.....

·
Registered
339 Posts
You probibly dont need the shifter base bushings but the cable shifter bushings with a shortshifter definitely make a huge difference. I bought some used from a guy here for $25 shipped.
i agree; i opted to install shifter cable bushings at the same time i installed the mugen qs, but i didn't do shifter base bushings. the shifting is definitely stiffer, and it took me a while to get used to it, but i like it better than stock.

if i could do it again, i'd use more lithium grease in the center of the metal shifter cable bushings. the stock bushings are actually designed so that the bushing spins freely around the pin.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I have a skunk2 short shifter and weighted knob, strut king cable bushings, and strut king base bushings.

It feels good, but maybe a little too rigid. Im still not completely used to it though. The base bushings are a waste of money but the cable bushings make a difference.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a skunk2 short shifter and weighted knob, strut king cable bushings, and strut king base bushings.

It feels good, but maybe a little too rigid. Im still not completely used to it though. The base bushings are a waste of money but the cable bushings make a difference.
That's kinda what I was thinkin'. Maybe I'll just do the Cable bushings. I really don't want to have to dig in my console more then once. Why can't anything be easy......

·
Registered
339 Posts
That's kinda what I was thinkin'. Maybe I'll just do the Cable bushings. I really don't want to have to dig in my console more then once. Why can't anything be easy......
after doing both, i have to say... the shifter base bushings install and console disassembly is waaaaay easier than the shifter cable bushings install and airbox removal...

that said, i agree... shifter cable bushings make the difference..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.