Votes: 34 63.0%
  • I just want the money, even if my job is awful

Votes: 20 37.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
right now i'm in a job that i'm not very happy and pays really well for someone my age. they also pay tuition reimbursement, but i wish i could get a better job with less stress even if it paid less, just not a lot less cuz i like to mod my car :biggrin:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Money doesn't cut it if you're miserable doing something 8, 10 or 12 hrs a day. Last year I walked out of a six figure salary and started my own business. The money isn't there yet, but it will be...and I've never looked back. Do what you love

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
i hate having to have a job.

having a job i love is not gonna do anything except take something i love and make it something i hate.

having a job that makes more money is gonna make me able to not have a job sooner.

of course theres the law of diminishing returns....what i mean is, are you gonna take 200k/year over 250k to switch to something you love? probably. that extra 50k probably doesnt mean as much as say 20k vs 70k.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
e60.deluxe said:

having a job i love is not gonna do anything except take something i love and make it something i hate.

having a job that makes more money is gonna make me able to not have a job sooner.

of course theres the law of diminishing returns....what i mean is, are you gonna take 200k/year over 250k to switch to something you love? probably. that extra 50k probably doesnt mean as much as say 20k vs 70k.
finally puts up an avatar!!!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
firstsi said:
money is nice but when your miserable all day it comes home with you and everything sucks
That's what I'm realizing now. I had a job I loved. I didn't realize it until I moved cross country.

Take the job you love (but make sure you get paid enough to survive)!

·
Registered
898 Posts
I've got both right now...for the most part, like 95%. A good place to work, good environment is something that money can't touch. Well it can sort of take the edge off of it. I've worked in places, made enough to get by and pay my bills, and been absolutely miserable because the environment was horrid.
If the choice was one or the other, place of work over $$$.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
I would rather have the money with a job I hate man.. If I made enough cash to stash some for retirement then I wouldn't work as long and could live a life that I truely would rather live sooner.

Just the way I see it. Of course.. I have no job right now....

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
I have truly come to loath my job. I don't make much, and I feel as if I have no life (except to be there when they need me which is often). It makes me want to blow my brains out, or eat a bottle of pain pills. I know what you're all saying, "Just quit!", well it's not as easy as all that. I wish I could.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
in the grand sceme of things.. if you work a job u hate or are to stressed out, you will end up far worse than making less money.. stay healthy and live a full life..

life is about being happy, not money..
find your self a good wife that loves you for you and is frugle.. peace

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
I hate, no loathe, my job. THe money is good. I could have stayed here longer but I'd rather come home, go back to school and make less doing something I love rather than spend one more miserable moment getting dumber doing what I do. I loose brain cells by the minute.

·
Registered
476 Posts
e60.deluxe said:

Disagree...loving it even more now and will be able to retire in my early 50's set for life. Not everyone will make it something they hate. No one wants to have a job, but that's life...

·
Registered
476 Posts
atruhondagrl said:
I hate, no loathe, my job. THe money is good. I could have stayed here longer but I'd rather come home, go back to school and make less doing something I love rather than spend one more miserable moment getting dumber doing what I do. I loose brain cells by the minute.
Move farther north...I need people:dancing:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts