8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once I buy my 06 Civic, I'm gong to be looking for autocross worthy wheels (strong and light). Unfortunately, in Stock, one must run the same size wheel as OEM. In the case of the LX Coupe, it is a 16 x 6.5" wheel. The Tire Rack has ONE option in that size and custom wheels by Kodiak and Keizer are waaay too pricey ($400 each).

Are there other alternatives out there?

Anthony "Mario" Crea

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
honda93 said:
Once I buy my 06 Civic, I'm gong to be looking for autocross worthy wheels (strong and light). Unfortunately, in Stock, one must run the same size wheel as OEM. In the case of the LX Coupe, it is a 16 x 6.5" wheel. The Tire Rack has ONE option in that size and custom wheels by Kodiak and Keizer are waaay too pricey ($400 each).

Are there other alternatives out there?

Anthony "Mario" Crea

OK, turns out the 2002-2004 RSX wheels are 16 x 6.5" and are light enough (and cheap enough) that I won't feel that bad not having something custom like a Keizer or Kodiak.

BUT... The RSX wheels are a 44mm offset and I am allowed only 6mm either way from that number. Can anyone tell me the offset for the new 2006 Civic 16" wheels (steel or aloy)?

The Honda websites mention nothing.

Anthony "Mario" Crea

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
i didn't find any problems buying tires for my civic.

I'm thinking about buying a set of 16's (aftmarket) and go 225/50/16 all around for traction.. I think 17's might be too big for my liking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts