8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search on this but came up with nothing. just tryin to get a list going of headers that have a cat on them. of course i can cut anything i buy and throw a cat on it. There are many reasons to keep the cat in my opinion, I dont want to lose my warantee, obtain any more hassle at the dealer then i need, and of course the dreaded environment.

also---does anyone know if a header w/high flow cat will perform as good as a regular dcrh,etc.????

hopefully by complying w/ the emissions system and "stayling 50state legal I can continue to get the monthly problems w/the car fixed"

·
Premium Member
9,414 Posts
removing the header at all will possibly void the warranty.
cat or no cat, that only has to do with emissions...

and no a highflow cat wont perform as good as a DCRH, i went from the RT highflow cat to the DCRH and felt a huge difference in performance

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
removing the header at all will possibly void the warranty.
What warranty would it void? Adding a part to your car would void the warranty item it replaced, but none other unless it caused or contributed to the cause for which the warranty claim was sought.

:yeahthat:

So sick of people perpetuating erroneous information. "OH, if you modify your car the warranty is void."

·
Premium Member
9,414 Posts
... that is why i said 'possibly'.

if they can link it to you removing the header, then they void your warranty. but most likely nothing would happen from installing the header.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts