Discussion Starter #1
looks like a pain in the ass to install anything on these models

the funny thing is that the DX models are much easier for aftermarket

YAY honda for ****** this one up

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Okay, after looking into things I still am quite confused. Did the old honda's up to 2005 have dash a/c piece hooked in with the stereo in the lx/ex that is not removable unless you get the navigation model, which I think uses the larger 2 din. I have looked at all the cd players and besides the xm player(pain in the ass to install from the pdf's and ludicrously expensive at the dealer and elsewhere) I do not see a part that would fit into the that same DX part//no air conditioner standard remember(which is open for 1 DIN mp3 player and changer from the start) and be sold for the EX. They must have had some such part if the problem was on the older models.

The pictures are on the website if you haven't already seen the new cars...

I guess what I am saying is that there must be a part for the older hondas that had the better stereo that made the ac separate from the stereo controls....

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
there was no nav on pre 2006 honda civics. I'm not sure how else to answer the rest of your question. I'm confused at your post.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
if you get a DX radio/heater control cover, you can mount it on the ex and it should work fine. Btw, the piece cost about 40 bucks from Honda.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts