8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
full boost WOT imo would be around 11.7-12.5. optimal and safe for power. 12.0-12.5 would be sweet because it makes better power being slightly leaner and is still safe. but 11.7-12.5 is a very safe range imo. otheres may prefere differnt afr's.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
full boost WOT imo would be around 11.7-12.5. optimal and safe for power. 12.0-12.5 would be sweet because it makes better power being slightly leaner and is still safe. but 11.7-12.5 is a very safe range imo. otheres may prefere differnt afr's.
Thank you for just answering the question and giving me some kind of idea what goes on as far as Air to fuel ratio.

:eek:hsnap: :tiny violin::eek:wned::tap:
:yeahthat:

if you're asking what the optimal afr is for optimal combustion, it's 14.68.

somehow, i doubt you know what you're asking.
:yeahthat: BUT, That is why I am asking. Not to be cracked on but maybe for some info. Not like some of these f*cks coming in here and acting like they know all there is to know. So, while I thank you for replying...keep it informational please.

·
Registered
549 Posts
To reiterate what Whocares is asking, you're going to have a different "optimal" A/F ratio if you're 20% throttle, 2000 RPM, vacuum versus WOT, 7K RPM and 8 pounds of boost.

Generally, the higher the load the richer you want your mixture to prevent detonation. There's more to it than that, but your question is too vague.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
under what load/rpm/aspiration ?
:yeahthat: I'm trying to find out myself. I'm running the CT supercharger and I don't have any other fuel upgraded besides the crushed FPR. When I was dynoed recently, my AFR went down to 10 or less at around 6K RPMs. I wrote jrotax101 about his setup because he mention he had a 11.7 AFR at WOT so I'm just waiting on his response. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
143 Posts
so what would an ideal setup afr for a turbo fg2 at wot, i think mines at 10.8. through reading this im guessing that afr has to be different depending on where ur throttle is and how high ur rpms are right? if not wot and i guess cruising less than half throttle at say around 3500rpm what would it be then????

all questions, im just trying to get a better understading of all this afr talk to better tune my ride:vtec:

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
10.8 @ WOT seems a little rich just based on what information you gave me. Although safe, you are more than likely not getting all the HP you should / could be getting. I like to see under 6.5k RPM around 11.5 - 11.7 AFR under WOT, and richen it up to about 11.0 - 11.2 till redline. Maybe even pull back timing just slightly. it all depends on individual cars, conditions, etc...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.