8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to get a Optima Yellow Top Battery, anyone know where i can get one for a pretty good price. Off the internet or like BJ's Or best buy or something. Let me know, Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
try going to sam's or costco.they usally have good price..or even optima batteries direct through optimas website, that's where I bought mine last year when the had that $25 rebate on batttery.

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Google Shopping search?

·
Registered
49 Posts
i got mine from advance auto. they always have good coupon codes to use online and pick up for free in store. you can save quite a bit

·
Registered
214 Posts
Autozone honors optima 7yr warranty i didnt even have a reciept but i did provide my phone number in which proved my purchase..i switch it every 8 months..i want upgrade to the double post terminal pretty soon im still having voltage drop during red lights

Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
214 Posts
I wonder if they been giving me a refurbish battery because even with a capacitor and raising the gauge wires and addind more ground still same results...at times the meter would go over 14 V

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I wonder if they been giving me a refurbish battery because even with a capacitor and raising the gauge wires and addind more ground still same results...at times the meter would go over 14 V

Capacitor does squat, waste of money...

need to elaborate more on what you mean by over 14V...

The Alt charges up to 14.3V so yes it will go over 14V...

AGM's rest at roughly 13.5-13.8V

·
Registered
214 Posts
I know i bought a used system and it came with the package. At rest its at 12.7v driving condition 13.2-13.8 once the voltage drops it spikes to 14.4 and the rest of the ride 14.3-14.7 till i shut off the car...i would rather spend on that money on a dual battery setup i just left the capacitor hooked up after the install

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I know i bought a used system and it came with the package. At rest its at 12.7v driving condition 13.2-13.8 once the voltage drops it spikes to 14.4 and the rest of the ride 14.3-14.7 till i shut off the car...i would rather spend on that money on a dual battery setup i just left the capacitor hooked up after the install

It spikes because your ELD tells the PCM to put the alt on HO... 14.7V is very high... Highest I've seen was 14.4V

Driving around I'm at 14.3V

1 - 20 of 21 Posts