8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to upgraded the AA sized battery that honda put in SI's. I want to put a Optima in but i didn't know if anyone did a DIY on it yet. I couldn't find one. I know you'll need a new battery tie down, but i didn't know if anything else needed modded.

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
So you want to add something like 20lbs to your car? Try oddessey batteries might find something a bit lighter.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I weight over 300lbs+ i also have 2 kids that are getting in and out of my FA5. I'm not to worried about 20 extra lbs. I did child out Odyssey Batteries and they one with the CCA i want weights 56lbs, and the Optima one weights only 39lbs. Eventually when i set the car up for racing i'll relocate the battery to the back. Until til then if i need to save 20lbs i just lose some weight. :hyper: :bananasplit:

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
I have a Red Top in my Si and I love it. And I highly doubt an optima adds 20 pounds! So Ryker is stating that the stock battery is only 19 pounds? id say more like 30.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just picked up the battery and some silver star ultra's(they were on sale) i'm about to put them in now.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
I had allready gotten a DC Sports battery tie down so my Optima was a straight R&R deal. All I did extra was grind down the screw posts cause they look retarded that long. Also I had to bend the metal below the battery a little to get it to fit just right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts