8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, with the fact that the Si will be Silver (for December delivery), that narrows my wheel selection down to a few makes. I have included some mounted pics on a Silver Si below for refer. Please let me know what you think looks good to you (click all but stock pic for picure of wheel):

For reference, stock wheels:

ASA AR1-B

Gramlights 57S (Bronze)

Kosei Racer

I am leaning toward the Kosei's at the moment due to the clean open look.

(Edit: added links to wheels pics)

·
Registered
36 Posts
GramLights way to go... but here is something out of curiosity... I do think the Concept SI Mod that Honda did at SEMA looked the best.. those wheels looks pretty sweet but was wondering if any wheels are similar to those..?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I prefer the stock wheels over the choices above, however, if I had to choose I would pick the Gramlights. Any chance of looking at Volks? (Or do they have them out for our cars yet?)

·
Registered
47 Posts
GalaxyGrayMark said:
I prefer the stock wheels over the choices above, however, if I had to choose I would pick the Gramlights. Any chance of looking at Volks? (Or do they have them out for our cars yet?)
Gramlights are made by volk.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Opinions on Wheels for Si

Nice wheel sets. Tire Rack web sight now has the 06 civic. Pick and chose the right wheel set. The Civic at SEMA has on 18" HFP rims. Those are not yet released. But look sweet on it.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Opinions on Wheels for Si

If I can sell enough on ebay to help pay for SSR GT3 rims. Set costs around 3K w/ shipping from the TireRack. Will check around here to see if I can get i cheaper locally. Aloha

·
Registered
45 Posts
youch... $3k for SSR's? Ever consider getting some BBS's instead? I'm a huge BBS fan, i just can't afford em.

The gram lights are great, both 57c and 57s are on my consideration list. As is the rota slipstream. But I'm getting another set of wheels for weekend fun (auto x & canyons) with sticky tires on em. I too was debating on what looks the best, but the more i think about it, the less i care about how it looks more how it performs. The Kosei's are the lightest wheels i've found at 14 lbs each. that's 2-3 lbs lighter then the other guys. plus they retail for the lowest price.

For the silver SI, i'd consider some sick black wheels. Personally, i like that combo, gray/silver on black. Tint the windows too and maybe smoke the head lights. :love: Stealth status. :p

1 - 20 of 29 Posts