8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some digging around the suspension section for people who had dropped their ride on Skunk2 springs. I didn't come up with anything so I'm asking you folks.

I want to drop my '06 LX coupe on springs in the near future and have my eyes on the 2" drop springs from Skunk2 and a front and rear camber kit from SPC. I'm looking for anyone's personal experience with either of these items.

Will 2" be too low for a DD? I don't want to deal with rubbing issues and I'm a little concerned. Also, I have the injen CAI and the pipe kind of sticks through the front fender well, will this be affected by the drop?

Current setup is stock springs/shocks, progress RSB, and 17" Si wheels

As always, all help/opinions are welcome. TIA:thumb:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
2 inchs u wont rub with stick si wheels...maybe a litle bit of fender liner that u can easily bend back the tab...your going on the right track from SPC camber kit and no ur intake will be fine...even without a drop you have to be careful with teh front end of our relatively low cars...2 inches is no better thats the price u have to pay for looks...u have to be that much more careful....remember ...look into this setup if performance isnt your number one factor

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has anyone has a bad experience with these? Will they make my car really bouncy and stiff, how much different will the ride quality be from stock?

I will end up with a better handling car, right?

I'm new to this stuff, someone give me the low down:spinning:

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
the skunk2 is more like a 2inch front and 1.75 in the rear. i had them with my stock struts they looked alright but it wasnt enough of a drop for me lol. well with stock struts the ride is rough and handling reduces body roll slightly. if you want it to be dropped more you have to get the skunk2 struts...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.