8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start, irealize both these brands arent very big or expensive. Thats cause im not ritch and i cant afford $3k super advans....
anyways
2 wheels have become my choice and i dont know which ones to pick
i'd appreciate some opinion

Choice 1

i saw these and i thought "theyre not too bad"

Choice 2

my thoughts:
1. Could pull them off as Gabs from far away
2. Could pull them off as rotas

Opinion would be greatly appreciated and again i realize these are both non-"jdm" brand

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Get some 5zigen, Work Emotions, Enkeis if you're budget minded. They have to go through (Japan) JWL / VIA approval for safety and quality. Not sure about Drag and Konig. Too budget for my taste.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If your thought is "I could pull them off as rotas" then you're aiming WAY too low... A knock off of a knock off is pretty horrible IMO. You'd be better off looking at a nice factory wheel from something else.

Konig's have had their fair share of problems... but I would NEVER run "Drag" brand wheels... SOOOOOOO many people complain about the quality of those wheels.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
If you have to choose between the two, choice #1 definitely looks better imo. As for performance???? Rota's aren't too much and they perform pretty well on our cars if you're leaning that way. I use mine for auto-x and they have held up.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
thx for all the opinion :) rlly

you autox on rotas?

i heard they dont do too well as quality but youve proved me wrong

and just curious as to what problems konigs have been having.

ok last question
how hard is it to paint wheels cause id throw some enkei or works if i can just get them in red. If there are then i effing suck at life....

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
^^^^Ouch!!!! I'm not really digging either of those choices, but from time to time, I think about powdercoating my wheels red. I've got Team Dynamics Pro Race 1's in 17x7 +45

I don't know if you like the TD's, but they have proven racing history, they're much lighter than the stock Si wheels, and they won't bankrupt you in the process (true, you'd have to pay $200? more to powdercoat them red). I got mine for $799 shipped.:thumb:

What do you think 8th? Should I powdercoat them red?

Sorry for the threadjack

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
o ya just wonderin crazyjim cause im 951 area too

anyways

i feel the same way bout those rims matts

it just takes away from the cleaness or the car

im just tryna fin a way to get some clean red rims

and there doesnt seem to be an easy cheap way.

anyone know of red rims that arent gunna leave me broke?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts