8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody with any driving experiences or riding in let me know. Closest one is 1 and half away so before committing to drive want to know some others opinions. I know they are around 5.5 sec 0-60 stock and with a programmer and exhaust can put down great numbers. but want to know about the car overall. also whats the difference between non hid projectors and hid projectors? just the way that they reproduce the light or what?

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
Not a car I would buy if you're looking for raw performance. It's pretty big and more of a family car imo. Now, if you want a nice, comfortable car with some speed to boot, then it's a good choice.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not a car I would buy if you're looking for raw performance. It's pretty big and more of a family car imo. Now, if you want a nice, comfortable car with some speed to boot, then it's a good choice.
thats what i want. the direction my life is going in and needs I want to move away from the obvious tuner car and seem a little more grown up then with my SI. Also I have some neck trauma that comes back every once in awhile while driving my car thats getting annoying

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
I drove one at the dealer it was awesome! the power was defiantly there but the Turbo lag is very noticeable at 3,000-4k RPMS. Though it looks plain on the outside and inside though,and expect Subaru to fugly it up on the redesign. It gets 18-24 MPG not bad but its required to have premium fuel. I'd wait for the next Mazdaspeed6 to come out. I was interested in getting a Leggy awhile ago but declined because insurance,maintenance and other things would just cost to much,and the resale value isn't great on it either. A 2005 LGT goes for $18,000 used! originally retailed at $30,000!

·
Registered
816 Posts
I was also thinking about LGT's and they seem to be great. HOwever, I dont like to pay 27-28k or near a STi price. I believe it's a great car but they should've put the STi engine in there! i hear it has the STi bottom end, while they make a bunch of power--Cobb has just released the 06-08 Cobb accessports to fit the OBD2 ports. So IMO its a great car! go for it!

·
Premium Member
5,368 Posts
This was one of the cars I'd considered. I wouldn't buy new, as they drop price fairly quickly after purchase. They get dismal gas mileage too for a 4-cylinder if that matters to you. The car has a lot of nice features, but it's somewhat pretentious in what it pretends to be. In my opinion, Subarus are not the luxury cars that they're trying to become. The quality of materials just isn't there. The available features just aren't there. And the name doesn't elicit the same response as does other monikers.

That said, the GT is a fun-to-drive, fast, attractive car. The headlights seem to respond well to plug-and-play HID, though the enthusiast will do an easy TSX projector swap. The power delivery seemed somewhat smooth and responsive to the throttle. It has the torque that most 4-cylinders lack.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i will not be buying new specially because of the deals you can get on them one or two years old...basically when i sell my si i will only owe 4-5 grand after my trade since i paid off my si 2 months ago

·
Registered
1 Posts
supersly,

I owned an Legacy GT Limited for about 2 years... it was a very nice car... however, I came back to Honda in the end... the fit and finish quality is not as good as Honda or Toyota, and mine never ran completely smooth and unless they have fixed the manual transmissions (do not buy an automatic, they are slower!), they are clunky with long throws and mushy shift feel(you will want a short shifter and bushings, at the least), the gas mileage is also pretty poor, so don't expect more than 20 mpg unless you drive like a grandma but then you will only average 22-23 (you also must run 91 octane gas), there is no rear leg room, either (my '08 civic has more), and lastly, the insurance is about twice as much a year as my civic is... But it did run 0-60 in 5.8 seconds and a 1/4 mile in 13.8 stock, All Wheel Drive is awesome, and I always thought they looked sweet... so if you are looking for a fast sedan, I don't think you can beat the LGT for the price (the Audi and BMW's in this class are much more expensive)... it is all about trade-offs... I became tired of having to fill up my gas tank every other week (I only drive 10 miles/day normally!) and in the end, the performance wasn't worth the increased costs associated with it... just my 2 cents...

·
Premium Member
5,368 Posts
I drove a Legacy the other day. It seemed to lean and roll quite a bit, relative to the Si. The automatic in the H6 version of the car was not that intelligent either. And the ergonomics of the car were TERRIBLE! Nothing was where it should be! Cup holders, fan speeds, defrosters, cruise control... all of them were inconvenient.

·
Registered
550 Posts
If i had the money i would trade my fa5 without thinking twice. It looks nice inside and out. It has plenty of power stock and is easy to make it alot faster. Its a classier looking car then the SI and its faster.

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
I like the rental Legacy I had even with the base little engine. I wanted to get a Subby outback but just couldn't handle the poor MPG. However when it snowed last week and I had to slip and spin coming up my driveway... :(

Test drive the car and then compare others.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.