8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Opinion needed: Mugen kit or Type R kit?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know how to set up a poll but yeah.. I'm planning to get a kit but I don't know which one...

I have an Acura CSX.

Will it be:

Type R?

or

Mugen?

Putting the cost into play here as well - 400 dollars more for the Type R than the Mugen, and I'll have to convert all my Acura badges to Honda

And no, not getting the spoiler - I have the OEM one.

Opinions?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Tough choice. Either one is nice. The Mugen is pretty awesome and if its 400 bucks cheaper that's what I would do....but then again you don't see too many type r's around. GL BTW where are you getting them from?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tough choice. Either one is nice. The Mugen is pretty awesome and if its 400 bucks cheaper that's what I would do....but then again you don't see too many type r's around. GL BTW where are you getting them from?
Someone from a local CSX forum is doing a group buy for Vancouverites (BC, Canada)
Most of everyone decided on the Mugen lol so there'll be A LOT of Mugen Civics all over the place....

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
in the end it doesnt matter what we say and its up to u, if u want to be different then the other peeps going mugen then go type r

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im leaning more towards the Type R but the price difference is killing me plus the fact that I have to debadge my entire car and rebadge to Honda.. =/

·
Banned
4,080 Posts
Type-R it all the way buddy. You dont knwo how much i'd kill to get a Type-R kit here.

If you know where to go, you can get reallllly reallllly cheap Mugen kits too - My friend's dad imports things like that and can get a full Mugen kit for something like AU$500-$600... but they're kind of crappy quality. So many people make these kits, so take a look around

Nothing wrong with debaging.. it's fun ^^

Lots of Mugen kits hanging aruond in Perth tho, which is probably why i'd want a Type-R, speaking of which, the 2009 civics are getting front bumpers very similar to typeR

·
Premium Member
30,957 Posts
added poll

mugen gets my vote

1 - 20 of 31 Posts