8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. 2008 Civic LX sedan. 154k miles. Driver side door jammed. Suspect actuator. Will not unlock with remote or turning key. Cannot open from inside or outside. In the beginning it could open from outside but not from inside. I opened the door panel and saw the cable was broken. I went to a hardware store and got a kit to connect cable back. Pulled on the cable to open the door after unlocking it with a key nothing. Went outside to try to open door now it will not open from outside either. I can buy a new actuator for 40 to 60 bucks after trying to fix the old one but cannot open the door. Also the front drivers power door motor will not work but I believe i can replace it it is 3 screws and an electric plug and 60 to 80 bucks. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
156000 miles now. Still door will not open from outside. How can you open the front drivers side door with a jammed actuator? Nobody knows? Anybody?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a similiarproblem, seat belt was trapped in door. I took door panel off then disconnected everything from actuator. Then with a scredriver busted the actuator loose from its metal mounting bracket that attaches it from the door by hitting on it downward. It came apart easily, that gave me very easy access to manually unlock the door latch. Of course i had to replace actuator😂

·
Registered
5 Posts
[/QUOTE]
I had a similar problem, seat belt was trapped in door jamming it. Removed door panel and did all the steps to replace actuator, after disconnecting everything i broke the actuator main body from the metal mounting bracket that attaches to the door jam. I did this using a scredriver, hitting on top of the actuator main body downward. It seperated very easily. This gave me easy access to manually open the door latch. Of course i had to replace actuator😂

1 - 5 of 5 Posts