8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Squeaking noises Already?

Does this seem right? The only think I could think of is that we (Colorado) had that nasty storm Late December through January. So there were a lot of chemicals on the road...

·
Registered
601 Posts
i changed mine at 8,000. i dont know how my car was driven the first 5,000 miles since i bought it used(barely). then i changed to hawk pads. now im at 14,000 miles and after one day of road course, my pads are toast once again. i think the stock pads are considerably thinner.

·
Registered
496 Posts
sounds low, i think your suppose to get like 20k-30k off oem, i could be wrong though. i know people that do get 15k though on their brakes sometimes though.

it also depends on how hard you are on your brakes.

edit: i was at 50% w/ 10k miles on my car

·
Registered
752 Posts
I got 40k out of my pads. Actually it was only one pad that went bad the rest would have gone another 20k probably

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
replacing one pad only is a dumb idea.... it just depends on driving habbits, traffic.... if u dont downshift to slow down then ur brake pads will go quicker...

·
Registered
752 Posts
HTX said:
replacing one pad only is a dumb idea.... it just depends on driving habbits, traffic.... if u dont downshift to slow down then ur brake pads will go quicker...
I didnt change just one pad :xyxnervou I did them all. Just one of my inside pads was completely shot

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I think it depends mostly on if you drive a stickshift or auto .
I rarly use my brakes in the city, mostly just time the lights and gear down, then brake to come to a stop.
I expect my pads to last me way over 20K

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
I've heard that most cars with auto trannies average about 20k for pads. A guy at my work was so easy on the brakes, he got a set of fronts to 100,000 miles and the rears were still good, but he drives like a wussy. I got 40k out of my fronts on my GS-R and I drove it for fun.

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
39.2K right now and no noises, stops normal. Probably due for a set soon.

I do alot of rev matching and engine braking around town which may help with life. That doesn't help for the ATX Civics though.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts