8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One dumb broad = 1 wrecked civic *updated with pics*

well today was offically the worst day of my life as my 07 civic dx-g has bein written off. :sadwavy: driving home for lunch some dumbass grandma tryed to turn out in front of me causing me to hit her head on and sending me across the road into a wooden post and ditch (the post came crashing down on my car). all three driver side airbags deployed severly rattling my brain. luckily i was able to walk away, thank god how well these things are made. i spent the rest of the day in the hospital strapped to a board :chill: an officer came in and told me the bad news and how my car is written off. anyways i went to the impound to look at it and almost puked the front end is completely toast and my left front wheel totally came off. i gutted my car except for the double din deck and sub since they told me i couldnt take anything that was attached (didnt stop me getting the shift knob). anyways im goin back tommorow for the i.c.e and ill snap some pics for you guys. any link to the best, quickest way to rip out the deck would be awsome.

also if anyone knows what happens with the insurance if they just give me kbb value or a new car? WORST DAY EVER :sadwavy:

edit: alright here are some pics of the damage. as you can tell the main blow was onthe left front of the vehicle but it caused so much impact that even the panel on the back popped right out. main damage was directly to the engine, some mounts broke right off and my tie rod was snapped.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Another ruined car and traumatic experience caused by a female driver. Once again I have to ask... why is insurance for males more expensive?:sadwavy:

Old people need to stay off the road. I hope she never drives again and I hope you get compensated for your injuries.

·
Registered
84 Posts
They should give you a new car. Most new cars are required to add the waiver of depreciation when signing up for insurance, so it'll cover the full cost of the car.

Hope you're ok, as well as the grandma.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Old people need to stay off the road. I hope she never drives again and I hope you get compensated for your injuries.
Because, on the average, men do crazier, stupider things in vehicles which cause more crashes and deaths.

Women just do brainless things which cause claims, but not necessarily deaths.

Just means don't be reckless and wait till you're 25 when your rates go WAY down.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Im a firm believer that you should have to re-take a drivers exam once you turn 60, then every 5 years following. Or something of that nature. Theres just too many poor drivers around, both male and female.
Every five years at sixty? Yeah, I might buy that.
Every five years at seventy? Not a chance, more like every two years.
At eighty and above? Every freekin' year.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys im actually choked rite now.. this car was my baby i worked everyday day after i turned 17 towards getting this and putting stuff into it. i always take my time and drive carefully especially in the snow up here :(

like i was actually about 15ft away from the intersection and this woman goin about 55-60km and she starts moving out, it was the most scary moment of my life all i could do was brace for the huge hit. i cant belive they let people like this drive but charge me $480 a month for insurance!!

to many things on my mind rite now, but i wouldnt mind the upgrade to an SI or at least getting a sunroof or something. also not getting black again, hopefully white. heres a before shot of my pride n joy:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
thanks guys im actually choked rite now.. this car was my baby i worked everyday day after i turned 17 towards getting this and putting stuff into it. i always take my time and drive carefully especially in the snow up here :(
Sorry to hear that this happened to you. Keep being responsible and best of luck with your next Civic.

:sadwavy:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks,

does anyone know what the fastest way to rip out my double din would be? like can i go at it with a screwdriver and pry most of the dash off or do i have to work across from the streering wheel to remove it? thanks

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea i was looking at that, but that seems tedious and carefully for a car thats wrecked haha i want to pull it apart. i got lots of pent up rage and anger from today i need to take out and i have a shitty dash kit that dont match.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yess definitly not :xyxnervou taking apart the dash is pretty quick but i just cant stand to see my car like that. when im in it, it smells so bad like chemicals or something from the airbags? i cant wait until tommorow to see what happens im so anxious over it.. heres a pic of the dash that will never be again..:(

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
Because, on the average, men do crazier, stupider things in vehicles which cause more crashes and deaths.

Women just do brainless things which cause claims, but not necessarily deaths.

Just means don't be reckless and wait till you're 25 when your rates go WAY down.
spot on dear...

But women get in way more accidents then men. They say it has to do with a womans lack of decision making skills that often leads to hesitation. Combine that with male agression and you get accidents...

Im sorry for your loss to the OP... The important thing is your alright cars can be replaced

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.