8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Civic SI owners,

Missing the forum and to see that everyone is still posting the latest and greatest about 8th generation civic's. I been out in the field for awhile but ran into a few Civic SI owners and members of this forum. First, I want to say keep your head up fellas will be home soon back to our families and our cars. We've all had some heated discussion about Supercharged and turbo's in the Si's!! Good past time in the fields ya know! I apologize now if this is going to get long. I'm looking at buying a supercharger for my 09SI Sedan, and just wondering if anyone of you guys had any issues with it? Also, I don't plan on changing anything, all stock except ECU and supercharger. I just want to be a lil more peppy and suprise the crap out of a few Stangs, Wrx's and Mazda 3 speed. I don't have to beat them but catch them by suprise. I'm a daily driver, who get caught at the light from time to time. So, what is the best supercharger to get? And I know I need to get my ECU modified to match the supercharger, so let me have it!!! I apologize again guys , but it just feels good to sit down at a CPU and chat on the forum from AFG!!!!! With a supercharger and the Hondata ECU, will I beat any of them or get the thrill of suprising them from light to light? I know its probably in this forum somewhere, but hell, why not ask if I wanna know from your first hand knowledge!!

UTC(SCW/SW/AW) Mike Gibson
Shindand,AFG

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's my duty, and I do it gladly and at my own will! You're welcome!! I just ask whenever the National Anthem is playing, please show respect for those who given thier lives for us.

·
Registered
487 Posts
you can check out this link for the jackson racing supercharger..:.
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/corsport/149874-06-civic-si-jackson-racing-supercharger.html

This one shows you the corsport comptech supercharger:
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/corsport/105267-06-civic-si-comptech-supercharger.html

some people are waiting for the kraftwerks supercharger to come out ..Also look into the threads later in the pages cause now with the hondata flashpro out there is upgraded options...Also there are diff stages (1..2..3.) I have to polish up on my knowledge on them all as i realized i didnt have the money for one right now so i started lookin more into the mods i did have the money for...anywayz im sure more will post with a lot more knowledge..just throuwing this out there...GOOD LUCK and Thanks for your bravery and time..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys!! So has anyone had any issues with their S/C's? I'm just buying a s/c with the Hondata flash pro, not to much into the different stages, I just want to know how I would fair will these above listed cars? Is anyone running this type of setup? What kind of feedback will I get?

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Most S/C kits will average between 250-300 whp depending on pulleys and typical turbo's are between 325-400 whp depending on turbo size and such. That will tell where you want to go and prices are slightly cheaper with S/C than turbo kits. Just easier to gain extra whp on a turbo'd than a S/C since the components are easier to switch out.

Thanks for everything you do!!! God Bless!

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
you will need stage 2 to rape any of those cars mentioned as well as full bolt on's intake,header,exhaust, Putting on a SC with out allowing it to breath better for maximum performance is a waste of time do yourself a favor and take some of that tax free money you got and go stage 2 with full bolt on's as well as FP

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
07CivicMD Thanks bro!!!!! I could go with the S/C or the turbo, but I'm trying to keep it simple by buying either kit with the Hondata flashpro. The turbo kit is a bit more expensive, but I know you get more power in top end as well, the s/c instant power but falls off in top end which I don't intend to go top end with anyone. Is anyone running the setup with one of the S/C's and flashpro? How's the power? Or is anyone running the any of the turbo's with the flash pro? Again, I don't won't to change pullies and etc. Just trying to see what's the best way to go with the 2 components.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
man i could say i was deploying too and all the ladies would come and shower me with love. oh wait i am already in this shithole and the ladies here stink

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Go for the Jackson Racing SC kit. IT's cheaper than the Comptech, has a warranty, and is like the same thing.

You need to let your car breath. You will gain 50+WHP from adding full bolt ons to a SC setup... without you may only have 240ishWHP on a stock engine. If anything, add a Cold Air, and then the Header and Exhaust, you'll thank yourself! Also you need to think about tuning, a dyno tune is highly recommended, but if you have to stick with the base SC maps in Flashpro you may find you'll be running rich.... and less power will be there than a true dyno tune.

Good luck, and may god be with you!

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
I don't know about the S/C kits to much but have driven one a few weeks ago and it's decent power. I still prefer turbo over the S/C since I'm a boost junkie and get tired of low boost, no offense to any S/C out there!! You can basically tune any boosted item out there with the flashpro, since that is relative to the tuner to make the correct adjustments to whatever u decide to boost with. The advantage of the S/C is you basically get to keep your bolts on, if you have any, and smaller exhaust system to where a turbo'd car like to breath more so bigger = better. And like i stated earlier that S/C are cheaper on the wallet until you crave more power. With a S/C your looking at 2500 for the S/C, Flashpro 700, clutch 400-650, and installation and tune. Most of the turbo kits will range from 7000-11000 with installation, tuning and etc. Know before you boost, take it from me that boost is very addictive. Start with a price in mind and a whp range you think you will be happy with. S/C are limited in whp, around 300-350 with current kits and turbo'd will range from 350-520whp with current kits on the market. Good luck in your decision!!

Thanks again for everything you do!!!

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
I just got back from OIF about 6 months ago, I remember researching online and buying my parts. I also remember seeing that huge pile of goodies that I got to install, it was better then christmas. I'm like rodger, a boost addict, if your up for the challenge TC's are way more rewarding but for simplicities sake SC's are the hot ticket. Just pick your poison and learn as much as you can about it.

Be safe dude, and thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow!!!! Now you guys have me all shook up!!! In a good way though! So, let me get this straight , go with a turbo if I want higher whp, with the hondata, cold air intake, and the exhaust so I can let her breathe avg price around 7k. Or get the a s/c with a hondata, cold air intake, and exhaust to let it breath as well around 5k with both of the being tuned and dynoed. I gotta say I'm overwhelmed with the responses and inputs!!! IMO 300whp-350whp is more than enough whp for a light car just by adding a s/c. I'm a daily commuter and just want to suprise a few cars from light to light every once in awhile, so I'm leaning more towards the s/c. Can't spend all this tax free money, or Mommy might blow a gasket!! Marrried with kids guys! I was just trying to go with the bssic setup with the S/C and hondata to het the type of power I was looking for. So what type of whp I'll looking at with the JRSC and hondata after its tuned and dynoed? I really one keep it close to stock as possible, with the exception og the 2 components. Is anyone just running the two? Or is it like an Oreo cookie, were you just can't eat one, gotta have more!!! Remember as I stated before, I don't have to beat the above listed cars, but I won't get my doors blown off either!!

Thanks again for all your support!! You're right about it like Christmas, when shopping for parts!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
ain't nothing better then running down a z06, but a sc should have no problem with all those cars, they're slow. Your at the point where you need to decide what your ultimate goal is. quite a few SC guys switch over to the darkside because they become power hungry. it then becomes a costly endeavor.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
With the JR blower full bolt on's and a tune you will be in the 300,310hp area there is other stuff you can add as well to crack that 300hp mark but your car will be surprising quite a few cars you can put money on that..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yelp!!!!!! Convinced to go with a JR S/C and hondata Flashpro. Yes, I'll get it tuned and dynoed. Dunno what the whp would be, but I think I'll be throughly impressed with it! Thanks a million guys! So I'm looking at about 300hp right with the 2 components??? That just perfect!!!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts