8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got installed yesterday and what a difference. clutch feels rock hard and requires more oomph to push in but im sure ill get used to it. actually feels like a real clutch is supposed to be. as far as grinding goes its completely gone. i can slam into 2nd at 8600 real fast now. now i can drive my car the way its intended to be driven. the clutch throw is now shorter because of the mechanic moving clutch closer to firewall. there is virtually no play in pedal. just about 1/4 with finger tapping on pedal. clutch engages real high toward top but im not sure if thats where it needs to engage. i also noticed that the clutch grips much better kinda like an on off switch. all in all def worth the money.

for anyone who has the twm stage 2 ss like me it def creates a balance in shifting. it levels out the short arm to long leg theory. now i can get in gear and pop the clutch simultaniously. before the omni it felt like i can get in gear faster than i can move the clutch.

i def recommend this to anyone whether you have a ss or not.

i cant understand why honda cant figure out the fix for grinding.
thanks ak47performance. you made me love my car again.

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
Sounds tempting.. I heard really good things about the omni cmc. It looks like i will be adding this to be neverending list of parts to be put on. I guess i will do this once I go with a clutch,flywheel,fd2 final drive,hybrid clutch line upgrade down the road. Im sure the whole package will feel great let alone by itself nice writeup.

·
Registered
484 Posts
did you have the high rpm lock out issue? did you install a braided line also?

and judging from the way you typed did you have someone do it for you?

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
Is there any negatives associated with installing this to a stock clutch flywheel assembly? Will I bring out any side effects by doing this to my stock assembly. I believe in the saying its not broke dont fix it but it sounds too good to pass up. Roughly what do you think the cost is to get it installed? I wanna get this with the full assembly short shifter and a stainless braided clutch line as well. I get 2nd gear grind it rarely goes in smooth.

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is there any negatives associated with installing this to a stock clutch flywheel assembly? Will I bring out any side effects by doing this to my stock assembly. I believe in the saying its not broke dont fix it but it sounds too good to pass up. Roughly what do you think the cost is to get it installed? I wanna get this with the full assembly short shifter and a stainless braided clutch line as well. I get 2nd gear grind it rarely goes in smooth.
it calls for a 3 1/2 hr labor. it took that long too. after you get the omni you rgrinding issues are gone. im loving the 8600 rpm shifts out of 1st. more importantly it helps synchronize the ss with the clutch for a more direct feel and precise shift.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
if you're afraid of bending your clutch hard line, hybrid racing sells stainless steel clutch lines made to hookup a k series transmission to older civic master cylinders, but due to the design, it can easily use a different fitting on one end to hook up a normal k master cylinder to the slave cylinder.

Just tell them you have a civic si and you need the same fitting on each end.

http://www.hybrid-racing.com/?cat=4&p=589

I haven't gotten one yet, but i will be soon.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts