8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last night dave and I tried to install my OEM Fog kit from collegehillshonda on my 06 SI. We got through hooked up all the underdash st00f. relay,switch ect. We wired up the harness into the factory male end that is hidden behind the windshield washer fluid tank. We grounded all and the indicator on the dash worked fine when i pushed the switch, but no foglights came on... we then took a 12v tester and tested the harness that came on the car (not with the kit) and there was no current moving through it.... When they made a makeshift wire and hooked up the lights directly to the battery to make sure the fogs worked and they lit up fine. Does anyone have a clue what is going on?... reminder i have no current coming from the OEM harness that has been on the car since production (behind the Windshield reservoir) so there for when i pluugged in the college hills harness and grounded it i also had no power to the kit and therefor no lights worked... could it be a problem with anything i messed with under the dash? all of the indicators work under the dash and all the lights work as they should (minus the fogs ofcourse) any clues guys?

Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
693 Posts
You probably followed the instructions to the T, correct? I did the same thing. The only problem is that the instructions are wrong. I did this about a year ago. The purple wire (violet in the instructions) is not supposed to go into the spot they show on page 10, in between instruction number 43 and 44.

I have a post in here somewhere about it - I will find it and post here...

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i used the DIY from the site... is that the one your referring to? cuz i think that ones right, im just having issues i think

·
Registered
414 Posts
check the thing behind the windshield washer, it prolly doesnt even have anything hooked upto it, like wiring and such.

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
Check fuses as well.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.