8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

..yeah right..haha..these were some pics i took when we were installing my HIDs..it was crazy to see my car like this, have'nt even had it for a month and i was already taken it apart.

:thumb:

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
lol...I almost felt bad for you. I wish my extra bumper would come in.

I'm pissed. I looked at your pics again. Sunshine, green grass and shorts....I hate you.

But in a good way.

·
Registered
518 Posts
haha i did the same exact thing today.
I didnt remove the headlights though, i shoved my hands between the cracks
Gota love how it seems that they are designed for hids,
I have like 2% glare if that, and the same cutoff as halogens

·
Registered
66 Posts
So how hard was the install?
I have the HFP bodykit, fogs, and XM all sitting in the garage waiting for my car to come in. I'll start the install as soon as I get home from the dealership. :party:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Nice pic! I was expecting more to be gone, but it was a good joke. But just be aware if they do strip an 06 Si they will go after the motor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Please tell me all these threads involving HIDs on the new Si are retrofits (retrofitted projectors inside the Si housing) and not just people putting a Ebay HID kit into a stock halogen housing. :xyxnervou I need to sleep at night knowing people aren't just plopping HIDs into stock housings, as that would blind drivers on the road at night.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
^^ i guess you are living up to your name, oh no! lol no, no one has put projectors in their si yet... i read a thread on another forum and they are trying to do it... neways, i need to put some hids in my whip.. lol :rolleyes:

·
Registered
518 Posts
ohnoes said:
Please tell me all these threads involving HIDs on the new Si are retrofits (retrofitted projectors inside the Si housing) and not just people putting a Ebay HID kit into a stock halogen housing. :xyxnervou I need to sleep at night knowing people aren't just plopping HIDs into stock housings, as that would blind drivers on the road at night.
Um,
plz learn about things before you make a post.
Yes most cars make huge glares with hids in a halogen housing.
However the Si's housing cause literally no glare at all.
It looks stock. Has the same cutt off and NO glare.
well maybe 2% glare, but believe me when i say this.
You wouldnt be able to tell someone did it aftermarket unless they flat out said yes its aftermarket hids.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ohnoes said:

oh..god another one of "these types"..lol i got into a heated discussion with you types of "haters" when I did an HID convertion in my focus..bunch of haters, drove my focus for years with no problems, Si..no problems...take your complaining on another board please..ok let me cool it before this gets out of hand

:laughing:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ugh... and then the condescending ignorant types come in. :rolleyes:

Point being made by my post, is that these housings are not rated to house Xenon headlights.

Now DeezSi06, explain to me how this picture produces that, "well maybe 2% glare" you speak of?

Looking at this picture, I see a HELL of a lot of glare coming from these lights. Sure, they have the same look as stock... but xenon's aren't stock! They are High Intensity Discharge lights! Meaning, they put out way more light than stock, so they need to be controlled -if at all possible- in a stock housing. Why do you think all manufacturers put cut-offs on all of their projected xenon headlights? So they can control the output of the intense light that these lights put out.

It's people like you two that are thinking, "a light is a light." But this is not the case when referring to xenon's and halogen headlights. Why don't you guys educate yourselves for once, and read up on this article: http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html

Oh and 954K20_SI, how do you know you weren't blinding other drivers on the road with your HID kit? Sure, you didn't have any problems... but I'm sure people driving on the opposite side of the road would think otherwise. I've been a victim by people like you while driving at night, and it's not a great thing to experience.

You can choose the "ignorance is bliss" route, or you can take my advice to inform you guys that you are not doing this the right way.

And just for reference, this is a proper cutoff for xenon's:

I don't see how you come to the conclusion DeezSi06, that the Si has a "cutoff", when the top picture doesn't seem to have any cutoff whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
Not tring to fuel the fire or hate on anyones ride, but I also hate being blinded by aftermarket HID's. Oh and the ones that the ones that look like their changing from a pink to a blue light I especially hate. Afterall it is illegal to aff aftermarket HID's and the last thing I need is cop's attention.

·
Registered
518 Posts
ohnoes said:
Ugh... and then the condescending ignorant types come in. :rolleyes:

Point being made by my post, is that these housings are not rated to house Xenon headlights.

Now DeezSi06, explain to me how this picture produces that, "well maybe 2% glare" you speak of?

Looking at this picture, I see a HELL of a lot of glare coming from these lights. Sure, they have the same look as stock... but xenon's aren't stock! They are High Intensity Discharge lights! Meaning, they put out way more light than stock, so they need to be controlled -if at all possible- in a stock housing. Why do you think all manufacturers put cut-offs on all of their projected xenon headlights? So they can control the output of the intense light that these lights put out.

It's people like you two that are thinking, "a light is a light." But this is not the case when referring to xenon's and halogen headlights. Why don't you guys educate yourselves for once, and read up on this article: http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html

Oh and 954K20_SI, how do you know you weren't blinding other drivers on the road with your HID kit? Sure, you didn't have any problems... but I'm sure people driving on the opposite side of the road would think otherwise. I've been a victim by people like you while driving at night, and it's not a great thing to experience.

You can choose the "ignorance is bliss" route, or you can take my advice to inform you guys that you are not doing this the right way.

And just for reference, this is a proper cutoff for xenon's:

I don't see how you come to the conclusion DeezSi06, that the Si has a "cutoff", when the top picture doesn't seem to have any cutoff whatsoever.
Ok, well this is my last response to this thread.
Bottom line is,
i dont have as much glare as the pic posted
Yea my cutoff might not be as crisp as the xenons that you posted, but its alot closer then the Si pic you posted.
I had my friends drive in front of me, and on the oncomming traffic side of me,
For a few hours the day i installed them.
They said they were bright, but not BLINDING like they have gotten from other cars with aftermarkets...
I asked if at anytime they thought my lights were annoying or making it hard for them to see.
Everyone said NO.
So therefor i dont care to shell out 1500 for a retrofit.
Thank you,
have a nice day.

·
Registered
733 Posts
was it hard taking the bumper out? do you need to jack up the car at all? how hard was the wiring? does the bulb plug right into the lamp assembly?

sorry i'm interested getting HID for my civic too.

·
Registered
172 Posts
you seem like a kid in a candy store...

No its 4 screws and 4 clipse and the bumper pullesright off.

Check out club Si.com and goto the 06 si section. one of the top stickies you will see FOG LIGHT INSTALL.. shows how to take the bumper off.... VERY EASY.. i used it to install my intake.. which was the biggest pain..

Shawn..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts