8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so the other day I was on 395 (springfield) when the freakin freight truck in front of me hits his brakes and swerves to the left. I'm like WTF! turns out there was a tire in our lane. Not just any tire, a HUGE tire. It must have exploded from another truck..Yet, the truck wasn't in sight. Anyway, so I brake and quickly glance to my left and right to switch lanes....of course, I couldn't switch
well, as I was starting to look in front of me, my car went over the tire. The truck in front of my had made it flip, so it hit my front bumper..the entire thing is black, from the left light to the right. There is also a mark on my back bumper.
That can be fixed, it's what happened to the bottom of my car that scares me. I'm going to have to get it looked at.
Do you guys think anything could have gotten damaged underneath my car.
I was told by a co worker that you can make a claim with VDOT about debris on the road.
GRrrr, has this happened to anyone else?

sorry if my paragraph has bad grammar. I'm freakin irritated. I swear these cars are cursed!

EDIT*** Here are pics. The first is of the back bumper and the rest are pictures from the front. The last one is a video of it.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Doesn't look like much or any body damange. Just the tire rubbed against your car. With some elbow grease I'm sure you can get that out. As for damange beneath your car, I don't think you would have any. Most of our cars have a plastic protector that sheilds it from rocks and crap like that. Has your car handled differently?

·
Registered
8,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Civic06SiR said:
Doesn't look like much or any body damange. Just the tire rubbed against your car. With some elbow grease I'm sure you can get that out. As for damange beneath your car, I don't think you would have any. Most of our cars have a plastic protector that sheilds it from rocks and crap like that. Has your car handled differently?
Yeah, my front bumper got hit with an old hub cap once and I was able to clean the marks it left, not the small dent though.
I'm sure I can get the rubber off.
My car doesn't feel any different. At least I don't think so. I went to NY two weeks ago and my car started acting funny like it was going to turn off on me. So, that's the only real noticeable thing.

·
faptasic... pew pew pew
58,558 Posts
if theres no dents then try some claybar and then some meguiars scratch & swirl remover if theres any noticeably scratch after claybaring. and are the clips still under the bumper? most likely that rubber piece just needs to hooked back on to the clips correctly.

you have no luck with stuff left/flying in the middle of the road. :sadwavy: sorry cendy

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Looks like it just scraped the liner and the bumper. Other than that, unless you open up the bottom of that liner, it's hard to tell. Doesn't look too serious though, apart from the rubber burns.

That said, I actually *did* see this happen to somebody today. It was the outer part of a blown tire (all the tread just seemed to have ripped off of the wheel) and a large SUV ran over the tire. I narrowly avoided it, being the pro car driver that I am. Anyway, I don't think it damaged his car much -- more likely, he ran it over on purpose!

Wish you look on the repair work though. It sucks when that happens to your car...especially your beautiful Taffeta White....

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Consider yourself lucky it was that minor tho. My friend at work just had the same thing happen to him last wek down here in Tampa on I-275. He has a 98 Hatchback (Si B16 motor swap) and it ripped off his front lip and dislodged his front bumper. It then passed under the car and ripped of the back bumper off. It wasnt pretty

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Szat said:
Consider yourself lucky it was that minor tho. My friend at work just had the same thing happen to him last wek down here in Tampa on I-275. He has a 98 Hatchback (Si B16 motor swap) and it ripped off his front lip and dislodged his front bumper. It then passed under the car and ripped of the back bumper off. It wasnt pretty
Thin paint or not, at least we know that the newer bodies are a bit buffer in terms of stiffness and build than older Civics. :thumb:

·
Registered
8,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sigh, almost a year. It all began with my first accident two weeks after I got my car. I got side swiped on 395 in DC while it was raining. Luckily it was barely noticeable. I just have the worst luck. It seems only bad karma follows my way. Never the good kind. and my kindness out ways all the negative. why me!

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
my si got backed into when it was only a few months old new fender new light
all better now
dont worry itll get fixed and all will be forgotten
good luck

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
rippars said:
if theres no dents then try some claybar and then some meguiars scratch & swirl remover if theres any noticeably scratch after claybaring. and are the clips still under the bumper? most likely that rubber piece just needs to hooked back on to the clips correctly.

:word:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
sucks but looks like u could probably get most of that out. same thing happened to me in my other car, truck swerved but i couldnt get over in time and ran over a tire. scraped my bumper and broke the under guard plastic and bent my LTB.

·
Registered
8,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
07si sedan said:
sucks but looks like u could probably get most of that out. same thing happened to me in my other car, truck swerved but i couldnt get over in time and ran over a tire. scraped my bumper and broke the under guard plastic and bent my LTB.
LTB?

·
Registered
375 Posts
that sux...same thing happened to me awhile back but the tire busted my radiator in my spec v, I fixed it and kissed it goodbye...But the si is my good karma....finally

·
Registered
8,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have x scratch by meg. The parts that didn't rub off, had to be cleaned with the cream.
phew!
Yes IN, a kit would be nice....maybe some day. I have my fog lights, just haven't put them on lol doh!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts