8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay.. So i took a friend out for a spin in my si... now after that i showed him my old ride ('90 ford tempo) and left the keys hanging in the ignition and manually locked the doors, with my house keys attached.... i need to pop the lock to retrieve them.. how can i do this???? and no, i dont steal cars... please, someone??

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Okay.. So i took a friend out for a spin in my si... now after that i showed him my old ride ('90 ford tempo) and left the keys hanging in the ignition and manually locked the doors, with my house keys attached.... i need to pop the lock to retrieve them.. how can i do this???? and no, i dont steal cars... please, someone??
uhhmm, If you have the key in the ignition switch the locks will not lock,even if you try manually..safety feature.

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
How worn out is the key hole for the tempo? I only ask this because I've had two cars that I could stick just about anything in the lock that was of similar design and open them it was so old.

Where are your locks on the doors? The older cars were much much easier to bust into. Someone said, slimjim, they work best on the old ones.

·
Kansas Chainsaw Massacre
6,296 Posts
if you have, or can find a blood pressure monitor- I know I'm describing this all wrong, but it's the kind the doctor puts on your arm and pumps up- if you can find something like that and maybe jam it between the door and frame and start pumping it up, it can get the door far enough away for you to possibly unlock the door using something thin and long.

I saw someone from triple A do this once with a customer's car.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im using a friends blackberry for net access... i dont wonna break the window as i have audio equip in there... i dont care if i break the car tho... i need the keys!

·
Premium Member
98,627 Posts
What kind of locks does it have. Is the lock button on the door by the window or by the latch like the civic.? You can try using the screwdriver to pull the window away from the door eneough to stick your arm in of lift the door lock with the hanger.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.