8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed when I did the recent God forsaken oil change on my 07 Si that there is oil spatter all around that side of the engine. Any ideas what this might be thats leaking?

·
Registered
312 Posts
VTEC solenoid. Located on the passenger side up high on the head. Straight up from the oil filter. The seal get old and leaks. Hard to get at bud easy fix.

Unless of course its your head gasket which would be above the VTEC sol. check it out and LMK what it was...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Rabbits foot may be right. Oil splatter from an oil change would be beneath the oil filter and on the sub frame. However, if it is all "over that side of the engine" as you state in your post, then it is a head gasket leak or the VTEC syl gasket is leaking. These leaks would cause an "all over that side of the engine" leak.

Giving it a quick scrub would help as you can see where any new oil splatter originates.

Good luck and keep us posted...

·
Registered
312 Posts
You're right f the scrubbing. Go get some engine degreaser.

First find out if the leak is in the head or the VTEC freaking things seal. The VTEC freakin thing is located on the passenger side rear of the motor right below the valve cover at the top of the cylinder head. You may need a mirror and flash light to see it but once you do if its leaking you will see it. If it is a bad VTEC freakin things seal then buy another and during install clean the filter screen inside the VTEC freakin thing.

Make sense? Yes, yes?

Oh yeah... are you finding you're adding more oil than usual or do you see oil puddles under the car?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts