8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2006 Honda civic sedan with 210,000 miles on it. In the last year I have replace the valve cover gasket, the cam plug on the passenger side on top of the timing belt, and everything involving the oil pan. The oil pan itself, oil pan gasket, and all new bolts holding the oil pan in place. Lately for the past three months or so, I noticed a small leak thats on the driver side of the car. Nothing huge, but over time there's a small puddle of oil in my driveway. I can see oil dropping on the side of the transmission and is covering up the subframe. My car runs fine. But, anyone know where it could be coming from?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Rear crank seal? Hard to know without more description and pictures.

I'd suggest cleaning the engine/transmission area with a spray-on type degreaser, hose it off and let it dry. Then drive it a short while and look for the leak. Otherwise it can be pretty hard to tell where leaks are coming from because the oil will wick around joints.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there any other place the oil can be coming from, besides the rear crank seal?

·
Registered
3 Posts
This might actually be the power steering hose, it's notoriously common on 8th gen civics with hydraulic power steering. Or worse come to worse, rear main seal leak, which sucks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for commenting on this, but some A-hole rear ended me and now my car is totaled. I have neck pain, but thankfully it’s just sore muscles. I really loved this car, but after 3 years of owning it I’m forced to say goodbye. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for commenting on this, but some A-hole rear ended me and now my car is totaled. I have neck pain, but thankfully it’s just sore muscles. I really loved this car, but after 3 years of owning it I’m forced to say goodbye. Thanks
Alright, things escalated really qucikly

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, I have a 2006 Honda civic sedan with 210,000 miles on it. In the last year I have replace the valve cover gasket, the cam plug on the passenger side on top of the timing belt, and everything involving the oil pan. The oil pan itself, oil pan gasket, and all new bolts holding the oil pan in place. Lately for the past three months or so, I noticed a small leak thats on the driver side of the car. Nothing huge, but over time there's a small puddle of oil in my driveway. I can see oil dropping on the side of the transmission and is covering up the subframe. My car runs fine. But, anyone know where it could be coming from?
I just pulled my 2006-2007 Honda factory manual assuming you have the R18A1 engine it says to use liquid gasket P/N 0871700004 torque bolts in 3 steps to13 ft lbs using crisscross sequence. But if its not leaking then its not leaking. Honda has some of the most exacting maintenance proceedures. maybe put on lift & look ? oil leaks suck !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts