8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I had bought a 4 door civic lx this past summer and it finally came time for an oil change. I stopped over at the nearby jiffy lube to get an oil change.

Now a week later or so while switching through the different digital read outs on the oil percentage read out it read at 30%... i was like hmmm maybe jiffy lubes just dont have whatever is needed to reset a sensor that maybe a honda dealer would have? Well anyways another week passes, and I am driving from my friends house and the repair light pops on and it reads out to be 15% oil. Now im just like wtf is goin on here. Everytime i turn the car on the repair light comes on, but if i hold down the reset button it will go off. But as soon as i turn the car on again it comes back on. Is there a certain way im supposed to reset the oil sensor system when you get an oil change? I know on my friends xB that you have to hold down the odometer button while turning the key, after changing out the oil.

Any answers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.