8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i have the sandwhich that came
wit my used kit and i wasnt sure what it was so thats why i asked. does this replace the banjo bolt set up?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is an oil filter sandwhich a better set up? it came wit my kit so mite as well use it lol

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
The filter sandwich is just for the feed line, if you have then use it. You still need a oil return line and tap the oil pan to do away with the fail banjo fitting.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im runnin the banjo bolt for a couple weeks since im in a rush to get the kit on which its apart now and kits gonna go on tomorrow. only rushed cuz a shop i trust is backed up for a lil while..and i dont have the guts to do it myself so im runnin the banjo for now..how hard do u think itll take the shop if everything is installed?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok sounds like that gonna cost me a billion dollars only if i had the guts to do this myself...hopefully i wont leak to much and my banjo bolt wont snap on me.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
If your mechanically inclined its not that bad. I dropped my subframe when i did the clutch, it was a lot easier then i thought it was going to be.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea but for some reaosn droppin the subframe and drillin a hole in my oil pan makes me so nervous..not being a little girl but you know hopefully ther banjo stays put till i can afford the fitting and such

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no sir i was always a basic bolt on and drive it as it is kinda guy till now but ill have to do it on someone eles is car instead of mine lol

·
Registered
344 Posts
you'll probably spend more on a good drill bit and tap than you would spend if you just brought it to a shop to have them do it. or ask a friend with a lot of tools, like my friends always do to me lol

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you think so? i think it safer for my anyway to bring it to a shop since i have no cluee where to start but that not a major issue as or right now i was just wondering.

·
Registered
344 Posts
depends on the sizes, but a 45/64 (going off the top of my head, i believe thats the correct size bit for a 1/2" tap) drill bit and 1/2" npt tap can cost about $50. then you risk the chance of messing it up.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yupp....messin it up could put me careless for a little bit ill take the chance of runnin the banjo bolt for now till that shows me major issues.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts