8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know how much of a pain in the ass it is to change the oil filter on this car...has anyone installed an oil filter relocation kit yet?

I want to do this, I'd like to see if anyone else has and what kit they used.

:wavey:

·
Registered
104 Posts
What's so hard about changing the filter? Just loosen it and let is slowly drain until it's done draining and loosen the rest of the filter....

·
Registered
281 Posts
Check with AMSOIL...they usually have them...not sure if they would fit but along with relocation, it increases the oil capacity which can't be a bad thing...less changing it and better protection. I'm going to look into it in the future...check the AMSOIL site...no I'm not a distributor...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
streettuned said:
What's so hard about changing the filter? Just loosen it and let is slowly drain until it's done draining and loosen the rest of the filter....
lol the issue at hand isn't unscrewing the oil filter, the issue is where the oil filter is...hence I'm looking for info about an Oil Filter RELOCATION kit, not a 'Make it Easy To Unscrew a Filter" kit. :thumb:

The issue at hand, and if you've ever changed your own oil before you'll know, is the location of the filter on this car. It's kind of a pain in the ass to reach up and get to.

So, relocating the oil filter to an easier to access part of the engine bay will make doing oil changes much more pleasurable and faster.

I've seen the Greddy kit before, but they don't have an application for our cars specifically, and the Universal kit requires the use of a 1985 Toyota oil filter for some odd reason.

BUMP

·
Registered
67 Posts
I know this doesn't answer your question, but have you tried removing the passenger side tire before you change the oil? Makes it a cake walk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts