8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i had my oil and tranny fluid changed last week. tranny seems lots smoother.

i had mobile 1 synthetic for motor oil and amsoil MTf in the tranny.

cost me 111 bucks.

does that sound reasonable to anyone?

:biggrin::dancing::vtec:

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
meh not bad, i gave them $44 for just a oil change, but im in canada and ontario to boot, meaning that we pay 14% taxes, so it doesnt sound horrable...

mobile 1 synthetic = $40
amsoil MTF = $40...

so no i dont think you got ripped off...

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
To me - It was a rip off. Since I can do the fluid changes myself. But if you don't have the tools or training -- still seams high.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
I got my change at Honda for freeeeeee

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
ripoff.

But again, I do these things myself. I know Acura wanted something like $60-$70 for MTF and you can get an oil change for anywhere from $20-$50 depending on where you go to get raped.

I would pay for the MTF just cause getting the car up on 4 jack stands level is a PITA (plus you have record that it was done) but maybe not for the OC.

Either way, what's done is done... maybe next time if you go you can talk them down a bit :thumb:

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Honda dealer or a non-Honda dealer? Honda dealer would have charged me about the same. But I am sure they'll go through their 19, 20, or whatever point inspection and even wash my car. So 111 for peace of mind isn't too shabby.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts