8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up this morning and i wasn't expecting the snow storm we got today. This is my first winter with the Si. I was good for the most part this morning buy my tires are done for. I bearly any tread left on my Falkens so i was sliding and relianing on my VSA from keeping me from getting balled up. My son's school closed today so i took off to be with them. I'm heading out now, to Discount Tire to get some new winter rubbers.:coffee:

·
Registered
421 Posts
I wasnt expecting it either.... I still have my HFPs with summer tires. Needless to say, the drive to work was rather interesting. Spun out in the parking lot, nearly crashed into a curb in my work-place parking lot.

Changing them back to the stock rims/all seasons tonight in the snow oughta be a shitload of fun, for sure. Lol.

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
HAHAHAHAAHA!!!!! That's why I'm glad I got deployed or I'd be there in Gahanna gettin pissed bc I would drive my ITR over my Si in the snow!!! Have fun scrapin those winshields boys!!!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
man it sucked i woke up and boom 5 inches on my new carbon trunk....not happy got the snow off.. cleaned the garage and there it sits until the snow is gone i didnt drive it last winter and im not this one lol 98 jimmy here i come :) ahaa im ganna run so much cool **** over...:lildevil:

·
Registered
523 Posts
hope my girl is taking care of my car... it's just sitting in her apartment parking lot right now. I taught her how to start the engine but I hope she doesn't stall it out too much while trying :D

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finally got my new rubbers. I got some Hankook W300's I've had them a couple times before. Their a great Snow/Performance tire, and cheap. I'll keep em' on till about March then get some new Falkens or Kumho's.

hope my girl is taking care of my car... it's just sitting in her apartment parking lot right now. I taught her how to start the engine but I hope she doesn't stall it out too much while trying :D
Wow thats love right there. I couldn't do it, couldn't use my car as a trainer. Especially in the snow, like this. :SHOCKED:

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
IM driving to Ohio next week, Sould I take my Neo Gens off and go with the Ecsta ASX??

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I probably would just because in the mornings its cool and hell. And i know summer tires suck when its cold and wet out. Their goings to be some snow, rain and little sun during the next week.

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
ya here in Ohio u never know what to expect. i live in the "snowbelt" of the state and thats close to the lake but high enough elevation to get pounded by all snow storms. believe me, im one of the few without lifted trucks and 4wd!!

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
^^ lol thats like me. Everyone around here has lifted trucks. But thats just bc I live in the boonies and go to a school full of farmers haha.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
yea the weather was kinda warm today?..probably would have been better if it didnt freakin rain all day...only good thing that came out of the rain is...the salt was washed off my car..and most of the salt on the ground is gone..so...thats good..but i feel like its gonna freeze over tonight? i hope not...it says it'll be like 38 tomorrow...so idk how it will be over night...btw OEM wipers sucks!

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks to VSA and my W300's i can roll just as fast as the trucks when the snow hits. I just can't wait till it really start coming down here so i can find a nice empty lot and start to play. "FWD Drift"

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
when are you coming up? check the weather before.... were supposed to get another storm over this weekend....
Im driving up there Friday night, should be there saturday night.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Wow thats love right there. I couldn't do it, couldn't use my car as a trainer. Especially in the snow, like this. :SHOCKED:
haha but now she wouldn't be able to say no if I wanted to pick up some Exedy clutch... I will tell her she messed it up learning on it.

So how's the snow and road condition around cbus now? I'm flying back tommorow and I hope my car's not buried in snow...

·
Registered
79 Posts
This sucks.. The rain sucks and the warm weather sucks.. how in the world am i suppose to get full use out of my perfect pass for perfect north?? I want to snowboard dangit!!!

Friday nothing, Saturday Rain and snow mixture, sunday flurries... grrr i want my 6 inches of snow =(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts