8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:xyxnervou

So I have had my FG for the past two years almost, and was so proud to be the first one in the Western PA area to have a Taffeta White SI. I drove that thing with pride, hence the key word DROVE.

Friday night I was driving home from the bars (being the DD) and before I knew it, anther white car blows a red light and smashes into me. Long story short, the girl received a DWI, while I received a few hours in the ER with neck problems and approximately $17600 in damages (TOTALED SI).

So I am on the market for a new car, I may replace the SI, but would like to change into something different. Any ideas on what I should get for around the same price as a new SI? I am open to used cars with low miles or even something new.

Thanks for reading

Before:

After:

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
Wow, Glad this turned out well.. well at least no major injuries or death. Or cars are built great :D i hope the girl with the DUI gets whats coming to her.

·
Premium Member
18,457 Posts
ouch! sorry to hear! sucks about the girl - she should def have her license revoked (off topic)

I think i know what you mean about wanting something else! its tough to go back to the same after it's been damaged. How about an Si in another colour, or a FA5 (sedan)?

You had a cool system in there :)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
damn dude.... im really sorry to hear that. On another note, will you be parting out pieces of your car? i really just want 1 piece but i cant seem to find it anywhere haha

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Not sure how insurance works but if u can take the car for really cheap id buy it back and strip it down...head unit and stuff looks ok...Is the engine good? throw it in a hatch lol.. But im really glad ur ok though as everyone said cars can be replaced

·
Registered
892 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok. As for the drunk, I hope she gets jail time.

I'd get another Honda, just because I love them so much. I'll probably never drive anything else.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
omygod!!!!

too many Sis getting hammered....

BECAREFUL guys...

OP.... sorry to see that man... GOOD TO KNOW ur SAFE.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts