8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

81 - 100 of 241 Posts

·
Dirt Nasty Low
25,038 Posts
Went from being on here daily for years to taking a 5-6 month hiatus.

·
Dirt Nasty Low
25,038 Posts
I actually haven't joined any Subie forums. Keeping it simple with the WRX. Buying AP and getting it tuned stock for MPGs or just with minor bolt-ons if I can find them for the right price. I've owned it for almost a year now and all I've done is CBE and different wheels to get rid of the fugly 16's.

I will say though I've met a lot of people in the Subie/AWD community and gone to a few meets. WAY better group of people than what I'm used to around here.

·
Dirt Nasty Low
25,038 Posts
I miss San Diego and all you guys :sadbanana:

One thing I miss from my old company was the constant trips out there. Still don't have a big money client out there. Working hard to pick one up though. One of my co-workers was just out at SPAWAR last month.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I actually haven't joined any Subie forums. Keeping it simple with the WRX. Buying AP and getting it tuned stock for MPGs or just with minor bolt-ons if I can find them for the right price. I've owned it for almost a year now and all I've done is CBE and different wheels to get rid of the fugly 16's.

I will say though I've met a lot of people in the Subie/AWD community and gone to a few meets. WAY better group of people than what I'm used to around here.
Still need wheels for the subie?

·
Registered
9,276 Posts
Gibbs MIA for 6 months and I'm still not bewsted :coffee:

so so soon

For the first time since I've had the car feels like I'm close. I remember first hearing about the KW kit back when it was in the works in 08-09ish? :rotfl: Better late than never.

been looking through some old threads lately for informational purposes... really miss this site at it's peak..

·
Dirt Nasty Low
25,038 Posts
Still need wheels for the subie?
Nah. Found a really good deal on some later model OEM 5X100's I've been rocking. They came with new Blizzaks so I've had fun in the snow this year

And this weekend I'm going to see if these fit on my stock suspension. If they do I'm trading for them :hiding:

Gibbs MIA for 6 months and I'm still not bewsted :coffee:

so so soon

For the first time since I've had the car feels like I'm close. I remember first hearing about the KW kit back when it was in the works in 08-09ish? :rotfl: Better late than never.

been looking through some old threads lately for informational purposes... really miss this site at it's peak..
:rotfl: get on it man. There's a bunch of F/I kits for sale in the DMV area right now. If you're gonna spring for boost buy Kevin's kit!

·
Registered
9,276 Posts
^the subie's lookin good. Been really toying with the idea of an older wrx hatch lately as a DD.

And already on it lol Bought a new KW kit from a member on here back in Dec. Looking to get it on the car ASAP. Picking up the last few bits and pieces now but essentially have everything I'll need.

Mainly need to get my car to pass inspection first.. :unamusedpopcorn: The places around here have really cracked down on catless cars so I'm getting a HFC welded up that I'll be able to swap in and out for my kidd test pipe as needed.

Also gonna run boost control that I'm supposed to get from Steve, so I'll need to get the wastegate I get from him welded to my charge pipe.

As soon as those two pieces are complete and the car is inspected it's go time :beer:

·
Dirt Nasty Low
25,038 Posts
:thumb:

Yeah I was originally going to try to flip the WRX but I've kinda gotten attached to it. Got a full stainless 3" catback for $250 and the car sounds better than my Honda :rotfl:

·
Registered
9,276 Posts
What's the best years to look at for older subies? Let's say I'm looking to spend 10kish.

My parents still have an 05 RSX-S with only 80k or so on it that I wouldn't mind taking off their hands if they wanted to sell.. It's just sooo similar to the Si with a much worse interior for every day driving.

81 - 100 of 241 Posts