8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
37,355 Posts
pretty modest answer ? what about a clutch pedal, master cylinder, ecu, pressure plates, x amount of hardware,

OP, its not such a simple task considering how theres so much to trannys nowadays. iver never done a swap but there are so many lil things that need to get switched over

·
idgaf
6,952 Posts
don't forget labor, probaly cost more than parts alone

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
i've done this w/ the help of two knowledgable friends on my 98civic dx.. Not worth it unless u blow the auto-tranny, even then it was a PITA. Acutally winds up costing u **** load if you buy all new parts and hard to find used especially since our cars are new.

Some stuff u need. (depending on what car)

Cluth pedal
brake bedal,
Clutch master cylinder,
Clutch lines
clutch fluid
Clutch/ pressure plate/ flyweel (pick a stage)
Tranny + fluid
Tranny supports(possibly different)
Motor supports (possibly different as well)
Manual ECU
Reverse needs to be wired for ur reverse lights
Shift linkages
shifter
knob
manual console, (possibly different)

Did i forget anything ?

·
Premium Member
221,966 Posts
i've done this w/ the help of two knowledgable friends on my 98civic dx.. Not worth it unless u blow the auto-tranny, even then it was a PITA. Acutally winds up costing u **** load if you buy all new parts and hard to find used especially since our cars are new.

Some stuff u need. (depending on what car)

Cluth pedal
brake bedal,
Clutch master cylinder,
Clutch lines
clutch fluid
Clutch (pick a stage)
Tranny + fluid
Tranny supports(possibly different)
Motor supports (possibly different as well)
Manual ECU
Reverse needs to be wired for ur reverse lights
Shift linkages
shifter
knob
manual console, (possibly different)

Did i forget anything ?

BEER

:pat:

·
Banned
1,821 Posts
true story btw: I had a 1997 Integra in 1999. I got it automatic cos I'd no idea how to drive manual. So I get this job right? Thing is...company car I'm issued is a manual ford pickup truck! So I had my mgr teach me how to drive stick in 7 mins! No joke, it was that fast. I loved being in control of when gears are shifted and what not.
So I take my Integra to a shop in SouthGate, Ca plus $6500. The car was lenghtened by 4 in. to accomodate for the s2000 engine plus tranny. Car drove amazingly smooth. The guy told me he'd never done it before but cos he was in need of money, he took the job. He even loaned me a 95 civic hatchback cos it took him 5 weeks to finish the job. He did a very thorough job. it looked very proffesionally done. Where he "acquired" the s2000 motor & tranny, I don't know. But, since 1999 was the first production year for the s2000 here in the states(1995 for japan), I know it had low miles.

·
Premium Member
37,355 Posts
you can purchased a totaled si, or a totaled ep3. and swap everything over. sell off the remaning parts. if i still own my lx when warranty is up. 5 1/2 years. i am considering buying the si motor/tranny to supercharge and swap it. thing is having the totaled car will make it so much easier.

·
Banned
4,080 Posts
Changing an Automatic to a manual is as messy as changing yourself from a woman to a man. So much needs to be removed, yet so much needs to be installed.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
true story btw: I had a 1997 Integra in 1999. I got it automatic cos I'd no idea how to drive manual. So I get this job right? Thing is...company car I'm issued is a manual ford pickup truck! So I had my mgr teach me how to drive stick in 7 mins! No joke, it was that fast. I loved being in control of when gears are shifted and what not.
So I take my Integra to a shop in SouthGate, Ca plus $6500. The car was lenghtened by 4 in. to accomodate for the s2000 engine plus tranny. Car drove amazingly smooth. The guy told me he'd never done it before but cos he was in need of money, he took the job. He even loaned me a 95 civic hatchback cos it took him 5 weeks to finish the job. He did a very thorough job. it looked very proffesionally done. Where he "acquired" the s2000 motor & tranny, I don't know. But, since 1999 was the first production year for the s2000 here in the states(1995 for japan), I know it had low miles.

i want pics of your rwd integra.

·
Registered
205 Posts
easiest and cheapest way would be to trade it in. prolly just have to pay 2-3k, i think. our cars are relatively new, if not brand new. should be pretty easy to do it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts