8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys Im officially unlucky.
So here is the deal, I was driving back from my gfs street ( cant go in her neighborhood anymore) and after 3 miles my clutch died. Had to wait in the middle of traffic for a tow truck to come. 2 hours later it arrived. Dropped my car @ honda in downtown Bethesda and had to walk home from there, about 3 miles and I just got here.

**** WHY ME!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,976 Posts
tonton said:
OK guys Im officially unlucky.
So here is the deal, I was driving back from my gfs street ( cant go in her neighborhood anymore) and after 3 miles my clutch died. Had to wait in the middle of traffic for a tow truck to come. 2 hours later it arrived. Dropped my car @ honda in downtown Bethesda and had to walk home from there, about 3 miles and I just got here.

**** WHY ME!
Let us know what happened. Why cant you go in the neighborhood anymore?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
81,069 Posts
06GAsi said:
Let us know what happened. Why cant you go in the neighborhood anymore?
In another post someone called the cops on noise because he accidently launched in the parking lot. Let out the clutch too fast with too much gas.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It all started happening 2 hours before that. whenever I changed gears and push the gas my RPM needed top hit 7000-8000 for the car to start moving I decided to drop the girl home and go back home asap. But i wasnt that fast. Man I never hurt nobody why is this **** happening to me. ARGH!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
81,069 Posts
tonton said:
It all started happening 2 hours before that. whenever I changed gears and push the gas my RPM needed top hit 7000-8000 for the car to start moving I decided to drop the girl home and go back home asap. But i wasnt that fast. Man I never hurt nobody why is this **** happening to me. ARGH!!!
errrrr that doesn't sound good at all. So my guess is you are going to Honda tomorrow and see what they say? How many miles do you have on your car?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
81,069 Posts
Some members have gotten lucky and gotten their clutches replaced under warranty. GL man... hope that its just the clutch that is damaged.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What pissed me off is while I was waiting for the tow truck to come some guy drives by in a camaro and asks me if I need help and I was like no thx man and he says is that a toyota and I said no its a honda and he said ok I thought so and he left. lol.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
81,069 Posts
tonton said:
How long does it take for the clutch to be replaced?
Hmm.. I think the shop will charge around $600 for labor. Thats what most people are saying. You still have to buy the clutch disc itself and possibly the pressure plate as well. Make sure you ask to see everything before you commit to buy.

You don't want to have to pay for anything that isn't damaged.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
81,069 Posts
tonton said:
What if the warranty covers it?
The clutch disc is a wear and tear item. Most likely they won't cover it but you never know.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea Ill blame them for eveything Ill go nice and pissed tomorrow. For god sake the car has 4500 miles on it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
81,069 Posts
tonton said:
yea Ill blame them for eveything Ill go nice and pissed tomorrow. For god sake the car has 4500 miles on it.
Would be nice but they can easily tell if the tranny has been abused.
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top