8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
4541 - 4555 of 4555 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,457 Posts
Leather and steering wheel look great! I'm guessing the paddle shifters are there for show (make you feel good). If you figured out how to make them work, please let us know how you did it!
I remember when I installed my Katskinz leather, massive pain, but well worth it!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hybrid brake light changed and black belts installed

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
my man .. how is the sound dampening you added below the rear seats ? is it rockville ? nver heard of that brand. also, awesome all the work you are putting on the car. As for the leader seats.. remember to get a conditioner to clean them or else they will crack with the sun.

·
Registered
79 Posts
leather installation SI
on automatic ex

Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

One more question.
Do you have excessive play on your seat back support? From the red circle above I wonder if that part can be replaced? On my sedan si the recline part moves a little too much .. wonder if there is a way to fix it? I ask because this is the 1st time I see someone take the seat apart.

·
Registered
68 Posts
One more question.
Do you have excessive play on your seat back support? From the red circle above I wonder if that part can be replaced? On my sedan si the recline part moves a little too much .. wonder if there is a way to fix it? I ask because this is the 1st time I see someone take the seat apart.
Yes you can , replace ,, you can go to the junkyard , find an 8th civic coupe The front seats of the coupe have the same structure as the SI model. Let me know if you need anything !!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
my man .. how is the sound dampening you added below the rear seats ? is it rockville ? nver heard of that brand. also, awesome all the work you are putting on the car. As for the leader seats.. remember to get a conditioner to clean them or else they will crack with the sun.
Rockville Rockmat RM12-B 12 Sq Ft Sound Dampening/Deadening Butyl Rubber Car Kit .

I have it installed in all four doors in the trunk and under the back seat. the reduction of outside sound is amazing and the sound from the radio is deep ...

·
Super Moderator
2,457 Posts
How much sound deadening did you use ? (including floor/firewall/doors/trunk/trunkfloor)? did you do the roof?
I want to say it should take about 90-100 sq ft for the entire car?

Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Rockville Rockmat RM12-B 12 Sq Ft Sound Dampening/Deadening Butyl Rubber Car Kit .

I have it installed in all four doors in the trunk and under the back seat. the reduction of outside sound is amazing and the sound from the radio is deep ...

my man .. thank you gonna look into that. I feel we need some noise reduction on the car.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes you can , replace ,, you can go to the junkyard , find an 8th civic coupe The front seats of the coupe have the same structure as the SI model. Let me know if you need anything !!!

will need to look not that as well then .. btw your progress on your civic is awesome ! keep up the good work man !

·
Registered
849 Posts
I also wanted to add sound dampening to my car but I heard the material is heavy which is a drawback to me. I wish the 8th gens came with more sound deadening material from factory.

·
Super Moderator
2,457 Posts
I also wanted to add sound dampening to my car but I heard the material is heavy which is a drawback to me. I wish the 8th gens came with more sound deadening material from factory.
After owning and driving this car for about 15 years now, sound deadening this car is going to happen at some point. If it adds weight, that is fine for me. Having a quiet car would be nice (realize I spend 95% of my driving on the highway), and be less stressful. My MPGs might take a hit, but I don't care.

·
Registered
79 Posts
After owning and driving this car for about 15 years now, sound deadening this car is going to happen at some point. If it adds weight, that is fine for me. Having a quiet car would be nice (realize I spend 95% of my driving on the highway), and be less stressful. My MPGs might take a hit, but I don't care.
I used to car pool with someone who had a GTI 2017. He was surprise by the lack of sound insolation on the civic among other things.. Once I carpool on his car I notice how quiet that thing was on the highway. So second to that, I need to add sound dampening .. no more race boi performance for me

4541 - 4555 of 4555 Posts