8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
4521 - 4537 of 4537 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
I was a commercial painter of sorts in the Navy. I was responsible for keeping the outside of the ship painted. So I have the theory of painting down, but automotive painting and marine paining are very dissimilar... On boats it's all about corrosion. Here I want it to look nice. Gotta convert my mindset.
Oh yeah it shouldn't be that hard with the past experience. I would just make sure you don't have any dust that might fly around and also to not spray too much paint at once.

How I sprayed was: light coat, mid coat, and heavy coat for last. It should come out great like mine!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Oh and showed in Hot Import Nights as well last weekend over 3k folks and my car got lots of attention and foot traffic was fun to actually be amping car crowd again

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
I did not make it, got stuck at the suspension shop after coilovers :/. I went to race wars in ennis with nissinty, lost 3 g35's on the way in rofl. I'm experimenting with vinyl now, do you know how to wrap? You are local so... :)

·
Registered
787 Posts
Yeah wrapping is much easier and painless. My paint job has slight orange peel that I have to correct with wet sanding and polishing :)

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I did not make it, got stuck at the suspension shop after coilovers :/. I went to race wars in ennis with nissinty, lost 3 g35's on the way in rofl. I'm experimenting with vinyl now, do you know how to wrap? You are local so... :)
Yes but my boy is a wrapper so I just let him do it. If you want some peaces done or a whole car then yes if your in Dallas. Now don’t think you will be getting free work you have to pay to play but its all within reason and we can get it done.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Last time with my grille but color match was perfect (y) I also added oil today and changed the front LED turn signal bulb to an 1157 LED amber Sylvania bulb so it's more of an orange color like it should.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
For you guys that are asking here are two vidoes I made of Hot import nights Dallas 2021. All 400 cars which I was one of them and a video from my perspective and the models that were on using my car. Enjoy

Hot Import Nights Dallas 2021 (My Perspective models)

Hot import Nights Dallas 2021

·
Registered
787 Posts
Fog lights were installed on the bumper today. These were not fun to install but they came out great. I do have to go back later and figure out the wiring in about a week or so. I highly recommend having a reciprocating saw with a good blade on hand if you have an 06-08 sedan like mine because there is a lot of cutting involved.

·
Super Moderator
2,447 Posts
Dude, seeing your photos of the 06-08 front bumper is giving me flashbacks. I upgraded to the 09 bumper and loved it. Anyway, I see very few bumpers with "factory" fogs. Looks nice!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks great. What did you do to restore them?
I was basically, fallowing this guy steps :
How To Best Restore Car Headlights! - YouTube
Send paper (my lights was in very bad shape) 120, 180, 240, 400, 600, 800, 1200, 1500, 1800, 2000, 2500, 3000 (I did not have 4000 paper) after that I did polish them. I have a polishing tool and some compound ,If you do not, you can buy headlights restore kit for 18 to $ 25, you can do the same job with it.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Fog light harness was installed yesterday and now the fog lights work which is cool. I do wish that my fog light indicator would turn on but it's not an OEM kit so it's ok. I really just bought them for looks but I quickly found out the visibility at night with these is amazing so it was 100% worth the hassle.

My front end is finally complete 😁Now onto suspension, wheels (17"), and 2 small engine mods which is pulleys and K&N Filter. After that, my car "should be" complete because it's just a small R18 automatic. I watched Bulli Kid's R18 Turbo build on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/user/przeZiom) and his turbo video series convinced me to go turbo in a couple of years - maybe soon 🤫

·
Registered
787 Posts
Replaced the rear sway bar for the Si 17mm one today and immediately felt the difference on the first turn :) almost zero body roll on my car. I also replaced my driver side CV Axle because it had a tear on it and was clunking but for the life of me I couldn't replace the passenger one so it's going to the shop for that one. I have new Continental tires going on it soon so thats exiting. Overall good day today 👍🏼

4521 - 4537 of 4537 Posts