8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

4481 - 4500 of 4503 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
My bad, not an engine cover, but a splash shield. Also, both fender liners are damaged (toward the bottom front). Wow, whatever I hit, did a lot of damage. Gonna cost me something like $140 to replace all this. Am I going to do it? Probably. It's just a splash shield, but my reasoning is, the factory put it there for a reason. The mileage I have, last thing I need is this stupid damage compounding into something else down the road. i've made it this far and I plan on driving the wheels off this buggy.

What I think happened : because the front bumper has been taken off so many times over the years (I plan on taking it off again as I want to get DRL friendly Hi-Beam LEDs), I stopped using the clips that secure the bumper to the splash guard. I would just tuck the splash guard under the front bumper. For years, this is was fine until yesterday. When the debris hit me, it knocked the front part of the guard onto the highway dragging it and because it is attached to the front fender liners, they got bent and damaged it.

What I need: part #
1) Shield, Front Splash
74111-SNA-A00 $38.19
2) Fender, L Front (Inner)
74151-SNA-A00 $61.59
3) Fender, R Front (Inner)
74101-SNA-A00 $38.19

·
Registered
531 Posts
Buffed half the front car today with Meguiars Ultimate Compound and with a buffer from Harbor Freight. The paint looks amazing and I will never touch the brush they have at the car wash again unless i'm using it to clean the wheels. My all time favorite paint color and generation from the Civic line ever. All the mechanical work is paying off very well and the car loves to be driven hard.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Nice! Are you going to finish it with polish? I'd recommend Meguiars M205.

We have a 2008 EX-L in the same color and it is still a very nice car.

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
Wow, FD, that looks really good. All your hard work is paying off! I've been going to the car wash (no time) since the pandemic hit. I have have hand washed it once in the summer. I'm bad, I know.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Nice! Are you going to finish it with polish? I'd recommend Meguiars M205.
At first I was planning to just throw the compound formula to get the swirl marks off and "done" but I might go ahead and finish it off!

Wow, FD, that looks really good. All your hard work is paying off! I've been going to the car wash (no time) since the pandemic hit. I have have hand washed it once in the summer. I'm bad, I know.
Thanks for the compliment! I understand too - I was also the same 4 car washes ago but i've definitely been taking care of it more since I know I will keep it for another 5+ years as a good daily. I just hope I won't get into a wreck because accidents have been becoming very common in my area recently and I don't want someone crashing into my car lol.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Let us know how they ride, although supposedly the KYBs are OEM spec.
The shock hasn't leaked anymore so I cleaned off the oil and will keep monitoring it.

I put a set of the KYB's on the rear of my wifes 2008 about 1500 miles ago and they don't feel any different. Which is good with me. The KYB's are way better than the Monroe shocks that the previous owner had on there. The Monroe hardware is junk.

·
Registered
531 Posts
The shock hasn't leaked anymore so I cleaned off the oil and will keep monitoring it.

I put a set of the KYB's on the rear of my wifes 2008 about 1500 miles ago and they don't feel any different. Which is good with me. The KYB's are way better than the Monroe shocks that the previous owner had on there. The Monroe hardware is junk.
I have the Monroe rear shocks and they are worn already after 2 years. Very floppy in the back like the worn OEM shocks.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I put premium 93 Shell gas on the car after using the Cataclean stuff to attempt to clean the catalytic converter and after the fill up unexpectedly, it ran much better on premium than the regular unleaded that I always use. I barely have to press the pedal and it does go faster. It could be because of my cat being clogged previously but I also think that premium gas makes my car run better. It might be placebo effect but I feel like it does run stronger........

Anyone use 93 on a non-Si Civic? I might switch if it makes a difference. Car did get a bit more silent when idling.

·
Registered
06FG2 736.72whp/[email protected] e85/ FA1-R18 Daily FTW
5,760 Posts
93 gas definitely helps. Better quality fuel than regular 87 but I can see where people choose to go 87 if they commute a lot. I guess every little bit counts both ways lol

·
Registered
531 Posts
I learned how to solder wire today with my weird setup but it worked perfectly. Extending the resistor wire will make no problem mounting it to a metal or aluminum surface on the front turn signal area no problem. Doing this job actually made me happy to learn a useful skill today.

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
Urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The forbidden fruit must be tasted!

Doing the hybrid (clear) LED 3rd brake light "mod". (part #34270-SNC-A02, $127). I still can't believe I never saw this.

This forum is dangerous on the wallet.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The forbidden fruit must be tasted!

Doing the hybrid (clear) LED 3rd brake light "mod". (part #34270-SNC-A02, $127). I still can't believe I never saw this.

This forum is dangerous on the wallet.
I'm itching to do this mod as well. I'll see how much leftover cash i'll have after the credit card bill :(

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
ahhaha, I'm afraid to tally up all the crap I've done my Civic and especially 4Runner. Urghh. I decided to get OEM b/c removing the rear deck looks to be a slight pain to do. I would HATE to have to remove it again b/c an aftermarket part failed (happens to be too often). Removing the deck will be the first time and the last.

Anyway, pretty stupid to do this to a car that has 300,000 on the clock, LOL.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Just remember the LED third brake light isn't replaceable. If it goes out you need a new assembly. I don't think it's worth $100+. You literally can never see it on yourself.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Just remember the LED third brake light isn't replaceable. If it goes out you need a new assembly. I don't think it's worth $100+. You literally can never see it on yourself.
I'm going to do this mod because what matters to me is that it's more brighter than the stock halogen light and it matches the LED's in the back of the car which I already swapped out a while ago. To me, it also looks "cooler" that it lights up instantly and it makes the car more modern.

4481 - 4500 of 4503 Posts