8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

4461 - 4480 of 4503 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
got those little LEDs I'm planning on installing under the front seats. I like the light they put out, it's not very bright and it looks like it will complement the ambiente (factory accessory) light kit up front.

Small little suckers

testing

This looks alot brighter than it actually is.

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
20% on the maintenance reminder and it was about 40 degrees out, I decided to do a quick oil/oil filter/ cabin filter change. Glad I did.

Still running just fine (KOW)

This is why I change my cabin filter every oil change.

Changed the oil/filter/cabinFilter (Mobile1, 5w20). I was going to drain/fill the ATF, but realized I didn't have any (I left most of that at my parents place). Oh well. ........... changed the battery on the key fob (CR1616, for those who want to know). Lots of odds and ends to do yet, but it will have to wait.

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
The door wood trim pieces came in yesterday. These were ordered back in September. I like them. Apparently you just stick them on. I was afraid they replaced the gray plastic piece in the door panel meaning that it would have to be detached somehow.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Vacuumed the car today. In the quarantine time, I tend to vacuum the car 2 times a week to get out of the house lol.

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
Took her to the car wash (dont' judge) today. After that epic snow storm we had on Monday/Tuesday (we got 15in), roads are wet with brine (liquid car cancer) and most cars turn white. I will hand wax/polish this spring.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Took her to the car wash (dont' judge) today. After that epic snow storm we had on Monday/Tuesday (we got 15in), roads are wet with brine (liquid car cancer) and most cars turn white. I will hand wax/polish this spring.
The trucks have been throwing huge amounts of salt on the road recently due to the heavy snowstorms (I had to wash my car again). I noticed my Civic with summer tires doesn't like me in the snow unless it wants to have fun doing e-brake skids lol.

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
Can't remember the last time the HI beams were changed. I want to say a few years ago, but I can't be 100% sure. Anyway, I'm very tempted to get LED (DRL compatible ones) kit from XenonDepo, I want to say they are the only ones that "play nice" with our rigs. I've had luck with vLed products, but last I checked, they didn't offer anything that was compatible. I'll post what I eventually get.

My HI beams are slightly out of alignment as they were retrofitted about 10 years ago. They were "corrected" several years back (returned to the retrofitter), but I've noticed, maybe a few years after that (correction), that the misalignment seemingly came back. After taking the bulbs out, I noticed one of the base "prongs" of the bulbs (I don't know what to call them) was bent. The same thing for the other bulb and the same prong. I began to wonder if retros were NOT corrected and that the bulb was simply bent to simulate a corrected alignment. By the way, they aim slightly upwards. I rarely use my Hi beams so I never gave it much thought.

My reservations of getting them are that the alignment is off. Even with the LED on the "low" (or DRL) settings, they are bright. Having said that, some factory LED DRLs are stupid bright and not easy for oncoming traffic.

link to xenon depo:

Link to vleds. If you read below the product description, you will see "Not for use in high/low beam DRL applications that operate at less than 8V." If memory serves, the DRL runs at 7V.

EDIT: Here are the "prongs" I was talking about. Finally found a picture of what I found when I took out the high beam bulbs (9005). You can't tell me they were NOT bent on purpose. Anyway, if I'm assuming right, this is a way to "aim" (ghetto way) the beams....(??)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Nothing yet but I will be going to Shell today and checking the ATF fluid since it did lose some for some apparent reason. I already topped it off the other day at the same place but today is confirmation to check if its really topped off.

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
"fixed" my DRL. Found a used/spare 9005 bulb in my toolbox. Amazing that it survived in there. This postpones my xenon-depo DRL friendly HiBeam kit. Since spending $160 on that doesn't seem appealing to me (I'll eventually do it b/c I'm an idiot), this will do for now.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I "restored" the front seats on the car. Not too shabby for 15 year old cloth.

I think my carpet mat has cigarette holes but I did snag it off a junkyard for under $10 so I can't complain. A hard clean with the brush and it looks great.

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
wow, that looks clean! My tan cloth seats looked bad after 10 years. I didn't clean them like I should've. They were in good shape, just dirty. They got replaced with Katzkins leather.

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
While in Jersey, or PA last week, someone damaged my hood. It is enough for someone to possibly leave alone. I haven't tried to buff it out, but I know the hood is pushed in, in many spots. Paint is scratched and all. I've gone this far with my rig to try to keep it in excellent condition, this just ticks me off. I'm sure some would leave it alone. Anyway, Goes in to the body shop this Wednesday. URghghgh

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Finally installed top of the line infiniti front speakers to go along with my sound system. Should have replaced them when I had the alpine halo 9 alpine mx600 amp jbl 8” ported sub and full infiniti rear speakers were installed over a year ago.

Blew the fronts on Monday but now the clarity and overall sound is epic.
Next up new rims this coming Friday mounted and balanced

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
Got my ride back from the body shop, I'm happy.

Took the time to do some maintenance today, with only 4200 miles on the oil (60% left on the oil reminder), I decided to change it out since it was a slow day today (workwise) and the weather was awesome. Changed the filters (oil/air/cabin). Also, been a while since I did an ATF drain/fill.

Slow drain. Gotta love the Fumoto drain valve. (cold engine):

ATF drained and filled.

I'm out, peace.

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
And the hits keep coming.

On my way back home today, a gust of wind (was very windy today) blew some debris toward me and I ran over it. Doing 75 and with 2 cars on either side of me (I was on I-95S in NJ), all I could do was grit my teeth and bear it. Under engine cover was damaged (eventually destroyed) and dragged everytime the suspension lowered (after going over a bump or whatever). Anyway, about 50 miles later, something gave and the scraping sound started. As you can imagine, the bottom engine cover was mutilated. Not only was the cover affected, but the bottom part of the inside fender guards too. On both sides. Infuriating.

When I stopped to survey the damage. Not good. I had to rip this away from what was left of the cover.

Tried to zip tie what was left of it. That lasted about 5 minutes.

This car is a 2007 but a 2010 front bumper. I hope the covers I need are the same.

4461 - 4480 of 4503 Posts