8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

4401 - 4420 of 4420 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Got some hand me down parts from my cousin for a brake upgrade on my ex
IMG_20200530_155235_383.jpg

Tl type s 4piston caliper with 13inch 350z rotors. I did similar on my si but with RL calipers. Car is gonna stop like a mf now

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I just got custom Wilwood 4 pistions calipers on mine and added drilled/slotted rotors added stoptech brake lines awhile ago. Nice upgrade how much did you spend. my total upgrade minus installation was under 500 dollers

·
Registered
55 Posts
The ones I posted I got for free since my cousin upgraded to stop Tech but I assume it would have been the same price 300 for the calipers and 200 for the 13-inch rotors. But my prices in Canadian dollars so it's actually a bit cheaper

·
Registered
32 Posts
Vacuumed and cleaned my front cloth floor mats. The passenger side came out a lot better than the drivers, which is to be expected as I'm sure the cloth fibers in the drivers side are all worn down and permanently dirty. Satisfying to see all the nasty crap I sucked out the carpets. I'll eventually grab a brand new pair to have nice looking new ones in my civic, but for now this will do.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
alright finally got all my peaces. got a new replacement key uncut and I got the Japanese Honda type r backing key plate. It will match my Mugen red backing plate

These are OEM peaces here is the plate number for those that want to order

35114-snw-j01

·
Registered
907 Posts
Ordered a set of Michelin Defenders for my wifes civic on Monday from Discount tire direct. After rebates it came out to $317 otd.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Thanks, I spend a lot of time keeping it nice.

The car lives a pretty easy life but the 845 lasts well over a year. A bottle will last you a very long time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Spent yesterday and today replacing my front wheel bearings. Definitely the hardest and most time consuming project I’ve done on my car so far, I think mostly from all the rust and them being OEM bearings so they were stuck in there good. The only time I’d do it again is if I have a press to use, the hand tools you can use just don’t work as smoothly and aren’t made to handle the rust. Just glad they’re done and excited that the rear ones are easier by just removing the whole assembly and putting a new one in lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,021 Posts
Carefully considering getting vleds V6 tritons for my front signal/marker lights. I've had great luck with vLeds and have a lot of stuff from them. I'm also considering getting CBB (or CBIs) bulbs for my retros, I currently have Morimoto Three5s and feel they aren't very bright. Lastly, I'm taking another look at @xenondepo 's kit for our DRL/HiBeams with their DRL driver. The xenonexpo's light will be expensive ($180 plug tax/shipping). Hopefully there is a sale sometime in the next few months. My high beams are stock and are pitiful when they are turned on.

During this pandemic, I've concentrated on my 4Runner getting 95% of my planned mods done. I'm basically finished and want to start on my Civic (even though she has 280K on the clock)................. yes, i'm a moron.

Lastly, I'm talking a serious look at this Android head unit
link: Amazon.com: Dasaita 10 inch Screen Android 9.0 Car Stereo for Honda Civic 2006 to 2011 Radio Build in Carplay/Android Auto GPS Single Din Navigation 4G Ram 64G ROM DSP System 15Band EQ Multimedia: GPS & Navigation
There is a video of a youtuber installing it:
link:

I have the stock NAV which isn't premium (good thing) and has no bluetooth. I want to upgrade with something that will fast forward my car 13 years (LOL). This unit has an octa-core processor, lots of RAM, Android 10.1 and basically runs over my stock HU. Not wild about how it looks, but the benefits outweigh the negatives.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
lets see I have done alot. I installed

carbon fiber door handles
carbon fiber door bowls
New improved carbon fiber ebrake handle and button

trying to decide what to do next I have done alot of little baby mods that enhance the look of the car. Im thinking next up is a built transmission. Let get this 20% acceleration and of course LSD ;). still need to redo my headliner in red and I have been sitting on my Vipmotor projector RGB halo lights. need to install them to see how they look or at least open the box.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I just finished rotating my tires and flushing the brake fluid. Going to give it a bath in the morning. It is so hot and humid here it just sucks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Lastly, I'm talking a serious look at this Android head unit
link: Amazon.com: Dasaita 10 inch Screen Android 9.0 Car Stereo for Honda Civic 2006 to 2011 Radio Build in Carplay/Android Auto GPS Single Din Navigation 4G Ram 64G ROM DSP System 15Band EQ Multimedia: GPS & Navigation
There is a video of a youtuber installing it:
link:

I have the stock NAV which isn't premium (good thing) and has no bluetooth. I want to upgrade with something that will fast forward my car 13 years (LOL). This unit has an octa-core processor, lots of RAM, Android 10.1 and basically runs over my stock HU. Not wild about how it looks, but the benefits outweigh the negatives.
my 2010 Si Ssedan has the nav with the bluetooth. Can I upgrade to something like that for apple car play? Sorry I am a newb with the platofrm and this forum.

·
Super Moderator
2,021 Posts
ordered front turn/marker lights for my sedan. Besides being yellow (oxidized), I always thought they were dim.

These buggers should cure that, LOL.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
A bunch of parts just came in. New Mugen sock covers in red. A COMPLETE titanium Burned Dress up bolt kit and cerakote trim coat kit along with chemical guys waterless carwash several assorted detail brushes and a wheel brush. 2 of my new Cosmis Racing rims a well

More to come in!!!!

4401 - 4420 of 4420 Posts