8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

4361 - 4380 of 4380 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,973 Posts
AliExpress brother....
I LOVE aliexpress, i get the coolest s&*t from them. This Tesla-like radio has me day dreaming. I like the chrome trim you installed, I've been looking to "chrome" the inside door handles, but can't find anything. I know I can have them chromed, but not willing to spend the money.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I know, but it gives me laziness, getting all the pieces out, I'm waiting for summer to come in so I can do it, but thanks I know

Although it looks good rebellious
And here I figured it was a Stark arc reactor button.

I thought the switch body is mounted vertically, with the button face having a bevel on it to match the slope of the dash. I can’t see a way to mount it upside down unless the face pokes at at the wrong angle, but I don’t see that in the photo.

·
Registered
59 Posts
And here I figured it was a Stark arc reactor button.

I thought the switch body is mounted vertically, with the button face having a bevel on it to match the slope of the dash. I can’t see a way to mount it upside down unless the face pokes at at the wrong angle, but I don’t see that in the photo.

You're right......

When I bought this button, I installed it as it was coming in the box and it came out that way
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,973 Posts
Dumb question, does that hazzard button light up when it is activated? (flash when the flashers are activated?)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I have a video on this I made years ago lol. just bought the ralco rz performance pullies. lets get more power out of my setup

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm kinda new here.

2008 Civic EX 1.8l A/T 96k miles currently.

Installed NGK Ruthenium plugs (FR6AHX-S) stock number 94279.

Changed the oil and filter to Mobil 1 extended performance 5w20 and a M1-104A extended performance oil filter. This oil filter is slightly larger than the factory filter and actually came on the 2000 civics. I always try to run larger filters as I run extended OCIs. ( I run 13k-15k mile OCIs on my Suburban and Blackstone UOA reports say I could go longer).

Also changed the transmission filter and completely flushed all the old fluid out of the transmission via the pressure side of the hose going to the transmission filter.

Installed clear hose on the pressure side and started the car. Pumped out 2 quarts of the old ATF into a gallon jug that has quart markings on it. I turned off the engine at 2 qts because I didn't want to pump the transmission dry (When you pull the drain plug on the transmission and refill it takes 2.5 qts). I would then pour in 2 qts of the new fluid and repeat this process until the fluid coming through the clear hose was clean and clear red.

I went through approximately 8 qts after topping off the transmission. (Total capacity for this transmission is 6.2 qts).

Here comes the part where I may raise a few eyebrows and get some scrutiny.

I refilled the transmission with fully synthetic Dexron VI fluid instead of Honda Z-1/DW-1.

I did this for a couple of reasons.

1. I own a 2008 Chevy Suburban LTZ and I had a case of the DeX 6 left over from flushing the transmission on the Burb.

2. I believe after doing some research that the Dex 6 may be a superior fluid to DW-1.

3. I paid $200 for my civic with 92k miles on it (long story) so if the trans decided to take a dump it's not like I have a ton of money wrapped up in it.

Anyway so far, so good... it shifts out beautifully. Smooth and buttery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wasn’t today, more like last week but installed a 2.5” yonaka catback. Super deep tone and not ricey at all. Can’t figure out how to attach vids, only pics 😞

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
well well well I installed the Ralco lightweight pulleys today along with the DeatschWerks In-Tank High Flow Fuel Pump. I picked that one over the walbro as its e85 compatible and a direct drop in. With my setup the car defiantly accelerated faster. I loved it now time to install my new AEM truboost Series X controller then I'm back on the dyno hopefully in the next two weeks for a retune. Make some more power but I want more tq for sure on my overly built setup.

Worth the coin for sure as I got it on sale last week but again I am boosted./meth

·
Registered
59 Posts
link to bulbs
Okay okay ....

New 2 Pcs/Set 18 LED Lamp Number License Plate Light for Honda Jazz Odyssey Stream Insight CRV FRV HR-V Crosstour 5D DXY

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
question how you connect the lights plug in there or spliced in can you show this. these are cheap just take awhile to get here lol so ordering 2 sets now. I ll have a spare set for sale or to hold on to as this 30 day wait from china is serious lol

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
wow...this site is still active...theses cars are 13 years old now and more......miss my R18 but not the power..lol

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
wow...this site is still active...theses cars are 13 years old now and more......miss my R18 but not the power..lol
I remember you. You should have just boosted it as I did and start a build like me. In the end its will be faster and a lot cheaper then getting another platform. Aka STI/EVO/Mazdaspeed/type-r Etc. Although we should all have multiple cars for sure.

These cars are awesome but you have to be willing to put some mods and work into them to evolve them. Takes time for sure.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Going to take my 2010 out of winter storage in a few weeks. Maybe over Easter. Excited to drive it again! 😎

4361 - 4380 of 4380 Posts