8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

4341 - 4348 of 4348 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,916 Posts
No pictures to share, but I got around to adjusting my morimoto XB LED foglights. After doing the 2010 bumper swap, the underside of the "new bumper" has holes in them for you to reach the adjuster screw with a phillips screwdriver. The driver's side adjusting screw seemed to be blocked by the new Accord dual horns I installed several months back, but luckily I got to them.

While adjusting them, I noticed a slight flickering of my retros. Recently they appeared to be dim (to me) and now I have an excuse to get new Denso ballasts (35w) with CBI bulbs (I have CBIs in my 4Runner are they are epically bright). Currently I have morimoto ThreeFives (5000K i think). Not sure when I'll get to this, but now I know this has to be dealt with in the near future. URghh.

I'm at 281,000 miles and she is running perfectly fine. Not sure I mentioned this, but I broke down and purchased an OEM transmission filter. I always thought it was a strainer and not a filter until I saw a video on someone sawing it in half and sure enough, it was a filter (dirty af). Urghhhh, another project..................

Also, I would like to get an Android head unit to replace my factory NAV. I keep running into table-like looking screens, and that if fine, but I WANT knobs (I'm old, LOL). I may just go with a factory looking unit (fine by me).

·
Registered
14 Posts
My babys at the shop getting a skunk2 cam, lightweight pulleys and timing chain n tensioner done. Just need si fuel injectors, then gotta schedule a dyno tune at Evan's

·
Registered
884 Posts
My car is going into storage soon. The roads here are full of salt now. I'll be driving my 05 Accord 5-speed for the winter.

·
Super Moderator
1,916 Posts
Did an oil change today with all filters replaced. While draining the oil, I noticed some wet spots above me and low and behold the passenger CV axle is leaking. My mechanic friend says it doesn't look bad and to worry about it until it starts to make noise. I say, "Nip It in the Bud". Looking to replace it before it becomes a problem. Not sure to replace both of them (283,000 miles on them) or just the one.

Cabin Filter

Air Filter

Little bastard

·
Super Moderator
1,916 Posts
Those air filters don't look very dirty.
LOL, you are right. They are not bad, but b/c I'm a headcase, I replaced them anyway.

Looking at Honda OEM for the half-shafts, holy hell, they want something like $480/each. I'm assuming new. Remans seem to be $140-150.

Rockauto has them new for about $50/each, with lifetime warranty. Curiously, remans are MORE expensive and have a short warranty. I don't understand that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
2008 EX Coupe. Replaced VTEC gasket and O-ring for oil pressure sending unit. It had been leaking kinda slow, but noticeably. Replaced outer window seal/felt on both door windows. Replaced two factory Premium Sound stereo speakers and subwoofer in back deck (all three were toasted sometime this fall). Polk 8-inch subwoofer magnet interfered with trunk torsion bars, so I am in the process of replacing them with a hydraulic strut. I'm trying an early 2000's Toyota Celica strut model that I found over at the 9th Gen civic forums, because it should be strong enough to lift the trunk lid with only one strut, instead of two. I'll send an update when that is complete (maybe with pictures).

Also, just out of curiosity, for those who have a five speed manual, how many miles did your original clutch last? Please PM your answer, so this thread stays focused. Thanks.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Just replaced the rear brake pads on my wifes 2008 EX-L. The first side took me a while but the other side was easy. It's hard to check the pad depth on the rear calipers without taking stuff apart. Finally decided to actually look at them and they were ready to go.

4341 - 4348 of 4348 Posts