8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

4321 - 4340 of 4381 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,973 Posts
Well damn,

Always noticed a slight bulge on the passenger side upper door frame. I chalked it up to be a imperfection of the seal. Well, it's not. Been there for a few/several years.

Time to sand it down, primer it and maybe paint it borrego beige.

Urghhhh

·
Super Moderator
1,973 Posts
Got the dremel out, not sure if I used the correct bits, but who cares. Got most of the rust out. Not pretty. Still looks bubbly, should I keep going? Anyway, slabbed some silicone grease on it and put the door seal back on.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Wow, your rig is clean! Not usually a fan of tinted windows, but that looks really nice. I'd be interested to know how much heat does it "block out" on a hot and sunny day.
Thanks! Yeah I spend a lot of time and effort keeping it mint. I believe it is supposed to block ~40% of the heat and 99% UV rays.

·
Super Moderator
1,973 Posts
Getting a new windshield in my wifes 08 on Wednesday. My dad and I removed the cracked windshield today.
This is definitely on the "to do" list. Mine is so pitted, at certain angles with the sun hits it (particularly fall/winter), all the pits light up with the sun and blinds me. Very annoying. Did you go with a particular make (safelite, ppg, etc)?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Got the new glass today. It is nice and clear!

I ordered a can of SEM trim black ultra paint for the wiper cowl. It is designed for plastics and is supposed to give it an OEM finish. We'll see.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Did an ATF drain/fill in my wifes 2008 today. 125k miles. Did the last one at 99k miles. The fluid coming out was definitely not as red as the new stuff. Bought the car with 94k so not sure what it got before that.

Also changed the coolant and clutch fluid in our 05 Accord. I love that accord. Built like a tank and fun to drive with a 5 speed. 190k miles. Should last another 100-150k!

·
Super Moderator
1,973 Posts
Did an ATF drain/fill in my wifes 2008 today. 125k miles. Did the last one at 99k miles. The fluid coming out was definitely not as red as the new stuff. Bought the car with 94k so not sure what it got before that.

Also changed the coolant and clutch fluid in our 05 Accord. I love that accord. Built like a tank and fun to drive with a 5 speed. 190k miles. Should last another 100-150k!
Manual tranny? Nice, those should last practically forever. The way you maintain your cars, it should!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Yep, 5 speed manual in the accord. That car is pretty simple and not much to look at (it has been through at least 3 hail storms) but it is so well built. Everything on it feels high quality and built to last.

It is our family's 3rd car. It is so nice to have a car you don't have to worry about at all. If someone dings or scratches it you don't care, or even know the difference!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Got a nail in my tire. :( I noticed one tire was a few psi lower than the rest and then found the nail. Going to plug it myself today.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My skunk2 stage 2 cam n nst pulleys should be arriving here today !!! Just got knew tires friday, but still haven't put the new rear upper control arms on

4321 - 4340 of 4381 Posts