8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

4281 - 4300 of 4335 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
had no idea the Hybrid had a "chrome" ring around the tach! Nice! Did you install it? Have a part number?

Looks great!

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts

As you can see by the picture, I have audio controls on my wheel. My rig came with the factory NAV which means it also came with voice command. Anyway, I've used it twice in the 12 years I've owned my R18. So, I want to replace the audio buttons, but I can't remember if they were connected to the cruise control harness AND the voice control harness. I want to say they are. Anyway my question was if they are ALL connected or separate?

I'm getting all sort of part numbers for the volume/tune/mode buttons and want to make sure they work.

The reason I ask is because this steering wheel is from an Si, my R18 originally came with a 2 spoke wheel. Pretty sure the part numbers are NOT the same.

I've also noticed that the side windshield side moldings are starting to crack (not sure when they started as I'm pretty good about conditioning them often). From what I understand, they are one piece (plastic with rubber).

Molding, L Drip Side - Honda (73168-SNA-013) $68 @ conicelli honda
Molding, R Drip Side - Honda (73158-SNA-013) $68 @ conicelli honda

·
Registered
46 Posts
had no idea the Hybrid had a "chrome" ring around the tach! Nice! Did you install it? Have a part number?

Looks great!

No Number of parts# for the chrome ring You have to go to the Junker, look for a hybrid Civic
Take the ring off the tachometer,
And modify it a little, then use double-faces tape .... And that's it. !!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
No Number of parts# for the chrome ring You have to go to the Junker, look for a hybrid Civic
Take the ring off the tachometer,
And modify it a little, then use double-faces tape .... And that's it. !!!

That is what I figured. I do see many hybrid clusters online and figured I would just "unclip it somehow" and try to reclip it onto mine. Double sided tape huh? Hmmmmm

When you say, "modify a little", you mean a little trimming?

I'm currently trying to pin down why my engine is "stumbling" (like a misfire) RIGHT before up shifting. No codes. More than likely a bad plug (even though I replaced them last year), could be a coil too. They do have 270K on them, so maybe time to replace all 8? (4 new plugs and 4 new coils).

Urghhhhhhh

·
Registered
46 Posts
That is what I figured. I do see many hybrid clusters online and figured I would just "unclip it somehow" and try to reclip it onto mine. Double sided tape huh? Hmmmmm

When you say, "modify a little", you mean a little trimming?

I'm currently trying to pin down why my engine is "stumbling" (like a misfire) RIGHT before up shifting. No codes. More than likely a bad plug (even though I replaced them last year), could be a coil too. They do have 270K on them, so maybe time to replace all 8? (4 new plugs and 4 new coils).

Urghhhhhhh

The opposite side of the ring has plastic pins , you just have to eliminate them,
Then you'll have to use double sided tape, or crazy-glue ..... I prefer the tape.... It's very easy.

I'm sorry to hear what happened to your car, I think could be a coil or NGK Spark Plugs ....
No code , um!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
thanks for the reply. Wow, that look very simple to do. I prefer to do some sort of "gorilla glue" to make sure that piece doesn't fall off.

As far as the plugs/coils, I don't care, it very easy to do.

Not sure when I'll be doing this "tiny mod", as I have lots to do with this and my SUV.

I'm dying to do the HVAC digital mod, i just need the time and the motivation, LOL

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
Changed my oil yesterday. After a few years using 0w20, I've gone back to 5w20 (even though Honda officially said it was ok for our 8th gen R18 engines). Been experiencing occasional "bucking" and my mpgs are slightly off. It's June now and my commute normally is 34-35mpgs with the summer blend. For the winter, I get 31-32. I'm currently getting 32, so something is off. Heading to RockAuto for some coils/plugs. Engines has 272,000 miles on her, so may as well replace both of them. Oh, and I think my starter is beginning to die (occasional slow starts and a few times where it won't turn over.)

Happy Friday (have a beer)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I also soundproofed the four car doors and the trunk of the car, with

(The Rockville Rockmat RM50RT-S sound dampening material)

Installing Rockmat improves bass quality of the speaker and eliminates those bad rattling and distortion sounds. The noise of the highway has been reduced by 65%

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've installed the Black Red Rubber Foam Bumper Lip ,, under my spoiler

And finally !!!
[Dual CCFL Halo]For 2006-2011 Honda Civic Sedan Black LED Projector Headlights

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
Danawel: your rig looks good!

Yesterday, I decided to finally change the coils and plugs. Car has been bucking as of late, so I found some time to get it done.

Tip of the plugs were "gone", LOL.

Brand new coils. Plugs were worn, so I'm blaming them for the bucking of the engine. Figure new coils wouldn't hurt as these have close to 300K on them. Bucking is now gone and engine is as smooth as silk. Expecting the mpgs to bump (1-2).

Coils got nasty, never threw a code, so I don't know if they were the culprit. As I said, this is just insurance.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Danawel: your rig looks good!

Yesterday, I decided to finally change the coils and plugs. Car has been bucking as of late, so I found some time to get it done.

Tip of the plugs were "gone", LOL.

Brand new coils. Plugs were worn, so I'm blaming them for the bucking of the engine. Figure new coils wouldn't hurt as these have close to 300K on them. Bucking is now gone and engine is as smooth as silk. Expecting the mpgs to bump (1-2).

Coils got nasty, never threw a code, so I don't know if they were the culprit. As I said, this is just insurance.

I'm happy for you brother!!! .... Nice.. Good job

Where you got these?? Coils (Denso) .....
and How many miles I have to change the coils??

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
How often to change coils? Normally only when you experience the engine "hiccuping", change the plugs and if it continues to do so, change the coils. I got mine from RockAuto for $150 all 4. I threw in the NGK plugs for about 40-50 additional. Dealer wanted $150 for EACH coil. EFF that.

Although some advocate that the coils be changed every 75,000 miles (I can't remember where I saw that), but that is baloney. I would just stick with changing your plugs every 100K and 50K thereafter (again, i can't remember where I saw that).

My rig has 272,200 miles and runs great. Still getting lower 30s mpgs. Factory listed it (I still have the window sticker) at 40mpg highway, then in 2008 or 09, it when to 38mpg. You CAN get this, but you have to drive like 55mph and have no one in the car, LOL.

4281 - 4300 of 4335 Posts
About this Discussion
4.3K Replies
299 Participants
EdNaviEx
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing