8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

4261 - 4280 of 4335 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
Because of my rear camera, I can't put in a license plate frame. I wanted to put one on of where I graduated from. Urghhhhh

nevermind the inspection sticker and the fact I've changed the camera a couple of times, but the current one is installed in the same place.

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
Looks like you must have changed that trim piece above the license plate to the chrome one from the 09-11 Civic's?
Yup, contrary to popular opinions, I love the chrome piece! The painted one looked too plain to me. I also installed 09+ tail lights and recently did the 09+ front bumper.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Looks like you must have changed that trim piece above the license plate to the chrome one from the 09-11 Civic's?
Yup, contrary to popular opinions, I love the chrome piece! The painted one looked too plain to me. I also installed 09+ tail lights and recently did the 09+ front bumper.
Yeah I really prefer the 09 update. I don't think there is anything I prefer about the pre-refresh. The headlights on the 09-11 are nicer too. The 3 spoke steering wheel is a huge improvement.

So I was planning on taking my car out of winter storage in the next week or two but we are supposed to get ~20 inches of snow this Wednesday and Thursday here in Minnesota...... So lame!

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
The headlights on the 09-11 are nicer too. The 3 spoke steering wheel is a huge improvement.
I thought the headlights (at least for the sedan) were the same for all 8th gens?

Ordered 34265-SFE-003 (direct replacement) for our trunk lights. This one has a switch that allows you to turn it off. Very useful for when you have the trunk open for long periods of time.

Also ordered a new PCV valve (17130-PND-A01).I last did mine about 4 years ago and I've logged about 100K miles. I'm sure its fine, but as the saying goes, "its cheap insurance".
How to do it? link: https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/diy-honda-civic-engine/474993-diy-r18-pcv-valve-replacement.html

Still contemplating ordering 34257-SNB-003. This part is for puddle lamp that was never installed at the factory for our rigs. Expect to pay about $30/each or $40 for both (aftermarket). What's keeping me from getting them is what to do for the rear doors. First world problems.
First mentioned a while back: link: https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/civic-coupe-sedan/312596-official-what-did-you-do-r18-today-thread-202.html#post16183578

·
Registered
868 Posts
The headlights on the 09-11 are nicer too. The 3 spoke steering wheel is a huge improvement.
I thought the headlights (at least for the sedan) were the same for all 8th gens?

Ordered 34265-SFE-003 (direct replacement) for our trunk lights. This one has a switch that allows you to turn it off. Very useful for when you have the trunk open for long periods of time.

Also ordered a new PCV valve (17130-PND-A01).I last did mine about 4 years ago and I've logged about 100K miles. I'm sure its fine, but as the saying goes, "its cheap insurance".
How to do it? link: https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/diy-honda-civic-engine/474993-diy-r18-pcv-valve-replacement.html

Still contemplating ordering 34257-SNB-003. This part is for puddle lamp that was never installed at the factory for our rigs. Expect to pay about $30/each or $40 for both (aftermarket). What's keeping me from getting them is what to do for the rear doors. First world problems.
First mentioned a while back: link: https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/civic-coupe-sedan/312596-official-what-did-you-do-r18-today-thread-202.html#post16183578
No, the 09-11 headlights have less amber on the turn signals and therefore use an amber bulb to make the light amber.

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
No, the 09-11 headlights have less amber on the turn signals and therefore use an amber bulb to make the light amber.
Interesting, never knew that. I've played with the idea of getting tritons (vleds) for them, but I can't bring myself to spend that much money. $150 I believe.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I've been noticing that one of my tires loses 1-2 psi a week as where the other 3 don't. I am going to try replacing the rubber grommet on the inside of the valve stem, I have the tpms valves. And maybe the shrader valve too as it is very cheap from Honda.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Found out why my tire was leaking. The rear bead was leaking in one little area. Turns out there is a sticker on the tire right where the tire touches the wheel. I removed the sticker and the leak is done. Stupid that Michelin puts a sticker there and that the tire shop didn't remove it.

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
Love Michelin tires, but almost all I've had in the past dry rot with time. The LTX M/S2 tires I have on my SUV are dry rotting and more than likely won't pass inspection. They are only 4 years old. URghhhhh

My current tires are General Altimax (so far they are great), but my Primacys were very nice too. Because of the mileage I put on them yearly, I normally replace my tires after a few years.

·
Registered
868 Posts
The Michelin Defenders on my civic are 3.5 years old. Not a single crack. My wifes 08 Civic has the General RT43's. Not a bad tire but not as quiet as the Michelins.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Swapped out the blue speedo for a red one that I got on eBay for $15. Now the long wait for the black cat customs red tach overlay begins. Apperently 6-8 weeks. :...:

4261 - 4280 of 4335 Posts
About this Discussion
4.3K Replies
299 Participants
EdNaviEx
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing