8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
3581 - 3600 of 3637 Posts

·
Registered
16,395 Posts
:think: hmm maybe I have.

I live on Keene Rd btwn Nursery and Belleair so maybe you've seen my car if you've been up that way.

I run into ppl all the time that are like, "Oh snap, you live on Keene, right?" haha bcuz it's such a heavily-traveled road

·
Registered
16,395 Posts
^ Dude ive think ive seen your car before, cause i used to go to stephen house down the street from belleair. i think there was a red fg over there on the corner house right on belleair?
You probably have seen it because Stephen lived like a block from me.. There was never a red car by me tho :think:

Could have been a visitor :shrug:

I see a ton of 8ths out by me now. And some 9th gens too

·
Registered
378 Posts
You probably have seen it because Stephen lived like a block from me.. There was never a red car by me tho :think:

Could have been a visitor :shrug:

I see a ton of 8ths out by me now. And some 9th gens too
I've seen a couple of 9th gens lately, i was never a fan of them but damn they are slowly growing on me if they are done right lol.

·
Registered
148 Posts
What's up all. Used to be real active on here years ago and now had to make a new account. Just moved down to the Tampa/St. Pete area. I drive a '06 NBP FG2.

Planning on powder coating my 17" OEM wheels. Any suggestions on places I should try?

Also planning on getting the HFP suspension from College Hills Honda. Anyone have this on their 8th?

Hope to see you guys around.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
16,395 Posts
I used to know of a dude that said he would do powdercoating for $100 for all 4 wheels! Hell of a deal but idk where he is anymore .. sorry lol

And honestly I wouldn't get the HFP suspension because it is only a 1/2 drop.. and tbh you'll end up wanting more low after u put those on..

First I went with Eibach Pro-Kit which lowered it 1.2F and 1.0R. that was fine but I was on 18s with big tyres so it looked lower.

Then I got Neuspeed Race Springs (yellow) which were a 2" drop all around. Those were so epic!!!!!!!

they are my favorite lowering springs I would DEFF recommend getting those, man.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I used to know of a dude that said he would do powdercoating for $100 for all 4 wheels! Hell of a deal but idk where he is anymore .. sorry lol

And honestly I wouldn't get the HFP suspension because it is only a 1/2 drop.. and tbh you'll end up wanting more low after u put those on..

First I went with Eibach Pro-Kit which lowered it 1.2F and 1.0R. that was fine but I was on 18s with big tyres so it looked lower.

Then I got Neuspeed Race Springs (yellow) which were a 2" drop all around. Those were so epic!!!!!!!

they are my favorite lowering springs I would DEFF recommend getting those, man.
Thanks for the reply, man. Do you happen to know of any other powder places around town that you or your buddies have been to?

Also - in terms of performance re: drop. At this point, I think I might be more concerned with the (supposed) sweet buttery feel of the HFP kit everyone is raving about with increased grip, etc. The 1 inch drop is more or less what I want (wish for MAYBE 1.5 inch or so) because this is my daily and I have tons of speed bumps I have to navigate every day (FML). :facepalm:

So my question to you; what are your thoughts about driving low around town (as I'm new here) along with your experience re: performance over looks?

Thanks dude!

·
Registered
16,395 Posts
Thanks for the reply, man. Do you happen to know of any other powder places around town that you or your buddies have been to?

Also - in terms of performance re: drop. At this point, I think I might be more concerned with the (supposed) sweet buttery feel of the HFP kit everyone is raving about with increased grip, etc. The 1 inch drop is more or less what I want (wish for MAYBE 1.5 inch or so) because this is my daily and I have tons of speed bumps I have to navigate every day (FML). :facepalm:

So my question to you; what are your thoughts about driving low around town (as I'm new here) along with your experience re: performance over looks?

Thanks dude!
Well I have driven at all aspects of ride height.. This was my drop at the lowest point in my suspension history:

That is with Buddy Club N+ coilovers. and I was on 18s

That ride height is totally not practical especially if u regularly navigate speedbumps.

And this is roughly the same height with my 17x9 +24 wheels with stretched tyres 205/40/17

The Neuspeed Race Springs, which are yellow, were the most impressive springs I've ever had or been in. They are nice and firm which make for great handling. They do not ride like a Cadillac, but are firm and still comfortable. Honestly, I hugely recommend those springs unless u are afraid of scraping places. But honestly I never scraped anywhere until I was slammed to death on coilovers. Those springs are awesome! And I still have my set in case I want to go back to em.

And no, I really do not know of any powdercoating place and don't know anyone that got powdercoating.. You may just want to use plastidip on the wheels for a little just to change em up.. :shrug:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well I have driven at all aspects of ride height.. This was my drop at the lowest point in my suspension history:

That is with Buddy Club N+ coilovers. and I was on 18s

That ride height is totally not practical especially if u regularly navigate speedbumps.

And this is roughly the same height with my 17x9 +24 wheels with stretched tyres 205/40/17

The Neuspeed Race Springs, which are yellow, were the most impressive springs I've ever had or been in. They are nice and firm which make for great handling. They do not ride like a Cadillac, but are firm and still comfortable. Honestly, I hugely recommend those springs unless u are afraid of scraping places. But honestly I never scraped anywhere until I was slammed to death on coilovers. Those springs are awesome! And I still have my set in case I want to go back to em.

And no, I really do not know of any powdercoating place and don't know anyone that got powdercoating.. You may just want to use plastidip on the wheels for a little just to change em up.. :shrug:

Thanks for the pictures and your suggestions. Your ride is beautiful man! Real clean.

Mine is in the shop still getting a full respray due to the Honda recall on the NHBP. Taking a long time but it'll be worth it. Would hate to rip up my newly painted bumpers. I'm just coming to the conclusion that I have to dig out the tape measure and start evaluating once I get her back. I'm on 17s.

How does your ride sit today? Any cool recent mods or meets?

·
Registered
16,395 Posts
Thanks for the pictures and your suggestions. Your ride is beautiful man! Real clean.

Mine is in the shop still getting a full respray due to the Honda recall on the NHBP. Taking a long time but it'll be worth it. Would hate to rip up my newly painted bumpers. I'm just coming to the conclusion that I have to dig out the tape measure and start evaluating once I get her back. I'm on 17s.

How does your ride sit today? Any cool recent mods or meets?
Thanks, mang. And dang sucks about having to paint your ride but at least it'll be all nice and purrty afterward! :woot:

I'm a tad higher now and I have 215/45/17s on the front because my other tyres were super bald due to camber wear...

There is a big meet June 14 put on by I Love Driving Slow. it's a car club/scene/clique that actually started in the 8thcivic Tampa Chat Thread haha. You should try to make it out! We can convoy up there. Try to find the info on facebook or go to ilovedrivingslow.com and check it out! :dance:

Another thing... How do you like your calipers painted? How did you do it?

Also, what colors do you guys think would look good when powder coating my 17" OEMs? I was thinking graphite, gunmetal, black chromium, or a carbon bronze (Similar to the HFP wheels color).

Suggestions are encouraged!
I like my calipers painted. First I painted them red. But then I switched to yellow and I like it. It's different than other ppl who have red and the yellow looks really nice.

I just used some caliper paint from AutoZone. It's like $15 bucks and they have the kind with a brush or the spray kind. Really you can use any high-temp paint from the auto store and there are usually a variety of colours available.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thanks, mang. And dang sucks about having to paint your ride but at least it'll be all nice and purrty afterward! :woot:

I'm a tad higher now and I have 215/45/17s on the front because my other tyres were super bald due to camber wear...

There is a big meet June 14 put on by I Love Driving Slow. it's a car club/scene/clique that actually started in the 8thcivic Tampa Chat Thread haha. You should try to make it out! We can convoy up there. Try to find the info on facebook or go to ilovedrivingslow.com and check it out! :dance:

I like my calipers painted. First I painted them red. But then I switched to yellow and I like it. It's different than other ppl who have red and the yellow looks really nice.

I just used some caliper paint from AutoZone. It's like $15 bucks and they have the kind with a brush or the spray kind. Really you can use any high-temp paint from the auto store and there are usually a variety of colours available.

Thanks for the heads up on the meet. Looks like a good time and great spot to host it. Have you been?

As far as your calipers, did you apply it in hot weather like this? How long do they hold up without peeling? And how long did you wait til driving it?

Re: suspension, looks like you do all the work yourself? Do you know how much it is to install around here or any good shops I should check out?

·
Registered
16,395 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the meet. Looks like a good time and great spot to host it. Have you been?

As far as your calipers, did you apply it in hot weather like this? How long do they hold up without peeling? And how long did you wait til driving it?

Re: suspension, looks like you do all the work yourself? Do you know how much it is to install around here or any good shops I should check out?[/color]
We change the hosting spot every summer. But yes it is a good meet. Nice weather, cool ppl, just fun times. The thing gets bigger and bigger each year.

I don't remember what season I painted the calipers.. I think if it's hot it's no biggie. And it slowly peels/flakes little pieces but it's no biggie for real. I've had my yellow on there for prolly almost 2 years and I don't think I've ever touched it up. The best way to do it is multiple thin coats of paint. And it'll dry sufficiently overnight

Yeah I do all the work myself. It's fun and cool to learn how to do stuff. We could link up and do the suspension at my place. I have air tools and things and stuff.

:hyper: :kisssmiley:

·
Registered
148 Posts
We change the hosting spot every summer. But yes it is a good meet. Nice weather, cool ppl, just fun times. The thing gets bigger and bigger each year.
Great! Looking forward to it. Just marked it on my calendar.

I don't remember what season I painted the calipers.. I think if it's hot it's no biggie. And it slowly peels/flakes little pieces but it's no biggie for real. I've had my yellow on there for prolly almost 2 years and I don't think I've ever touched it up. The best way to do it is multiple thin coats of paint. And it'll dry sufficiently overnight
Thanks for the heads up on this.

Yeah I do all the work myself. It's fun and cool to learn how to do stuff. We could link up and do the suspension at my place. I have air tools and things and stuff.
Appreciate it bud. I'll let you know. Car is STILL in the damn shop getting painted... :facepalm:

Do you have any suggestions on where I can find an HFP front underbody (painted)? I know College Hills has it but was wondering if there's any other places with good deals (shipped) out there.

Did you change out your shift knob and/or Honda steering wheel emblem? Mine are starting to get funky looking...

·
Registered
16,395 Posts
Do you have any suggestions on where I can find an HFP front underbody (painted)? I know College Hills has it but was wondering if there's any other places with good deals (shipped) out there.

Did you change out your shift knob and/or Honda steering wheel emblem? Mine are starting to get funky looking...
:think: hmmm No Idk any places to get HFP. There are some sites that sell replica pieces for less (unpainted) but Idk where exactly.

I changed my shift knob and bought an Arc titanium knob just for the heck of it. I bought it from my buddy that started the ILDS (I love Driving Slow) company.

And I also bought a Type-R red steering wheel emblem I think from GRFXPressions. I never remember how to spell that company name right....

3581 - 3600 of 3637 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.