8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had the popping issue for quite a long time. I went to the local dealer and said "hey, please find out WHAT THE HELL THAT NOISE IS, I am desperate, nobody else has figured it out."

They put the car on the lift, loosened all the subframe bolts, let it dangle a little and then torqued everything back up. They called no joy and figured it was the steering rack, they werent too keen to just take it off, look at it and put it back on...so they replaced it. This solved the problem entirely. The moral of the story? Buy an extended warranty or have it done during warranty...I only paid $100 for $1200 worth of parts and labor for a steering rack install.

Also, a buddy of mine who was stationed here with me fixed his FA5's popping issue by torquing down a single nut/bolt on his steering rack.

·
Registered
383 Posts
my dealer tells me the noise is normal and i am a f#$%^ service advisor myself at a different dealer.
im going to replace my whole shocks and struts and then crawl up their asses if the noise still exists afterwards. i suspect the strut mounts are making my noise as i can
turn the wheel r+l centered and the same noise occurs as the noise im hearing over rough surfaces

·
Registered
33 Posts
Installed Eiback Pro Springs, nothing for about a week, now have rear popping noise. Even going over extremely small bumps causes the noise. I didn't cut the bump stops, but they were find for a week. Will look to tighten the sway bar link, the strut bolts that connect to the rotor mound, will report back.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i had this problem driverside front. popping taking off, hard stopping braking on a hill. starting the car. everytime i raised the car it would get worst. bishings fine everything tight. i replaced my shocks and springs and it went away

21 - 33 of 33 Posts