8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
101 - 120 of 157 Posts
Well I ordered an 8gb Transcend Card/Card Reader.

I had to also buy a USB adapter so I can transfer my music. Sucks having to buy two different card adapters. But I guess the $53 bucks I spent is cheaper than an iPod.

I just did a Navi retrofit and am definitely missing the iPod cable on my Alpine headunit. This setup will be nice though and I won't have to keep an iPod in the car anymore.

Okay, I am having problems trying to get the songs on the CF card. I hava a Zune account and could not figure out how to download the songs to the card. Can someone help out?

I have a slot on my computer where the whole CF & adapter fits into.

i ordered a really cheap card reader off of ebay. cost me about 5-6 bucks
takes a little while to get here cause its from hong kong but i put in a 2 Gig Sandisk SD card (less than 10$$) and it works perfectly fine so far and i filled up over a gig of music onto it.

if u go on ebay and search "PCMCIA 5 in 1" you'll find them. i got the EDUP brand one but theres also a BUFFALO brand.
Got it a couple of weeks ago and it works great with all the SD cards I've tried in it.
thank you

Songs in Alphabetical Ordwt within Folder

Question for all of you--

I've created folders for each of my albums, and on the card it shows the songs are in order based on Album Track #.

When I plug my card into the adaptor, and insert it in the CF slot, the songs show on the Nav Screen in Alphabetical order within each folder.

Is there a way to avoid having the songs in alphabetical order, and have them display in their proper track # order?

SDHC question

I have read conflicting information about whether SDHC cards work with any adapter in the Honda nav system. I realize that several people have had luck with CF cards, but I just got an SanDisk 8 GB SDHC card for the holidays and I want to know if I can use it in my car. I have seen several PCMCIA adapters listed on eBay that reference Honda in their descriptions, but I'm not sure they'll work.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

101 - 120 of 157 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.