8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 411 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Differences are really just a body kit, better suspension, mugen wheels, different exhaust, and some slight interior modifications. No engine modifications =(

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
mehh, the only thing I like are the wheels..

imo, none of the underbody spoilers flow well with that car

$30k...please, take that **** back to where it came from

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
TommyD said:
Both of them look like Rice Mobiles. Honda needs to start bringing performance instead of body kits.
CR's body kit has actual aerodynamic benefits. So it does bring performance.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
aki said:
CR's body kit has actual aerodynamic benefits. So it does bring performance.
Sure it does but it looks like a Ricemobile with the stupid wing. And on the street you'd be hard pressed to have any advantage. For the track, if you are still buying a S2000 instead of something like a EVO or Sti, well nothing to say really ;)

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
TommyD said:
Sure it does but it looks like a Ricemobile with the stupid wing. And on the street you'd be hard pressed to have any advantage. For the track, if you are still buying a S2000 instead of something like a EVO or Sti, well nothing to say really ;)
Ricemobiles have non-functional body kits. I guess Super GT cars look like rice mobiles since they have such huge body kits?

Plus, you can't really compare the two. I suppose the Evo is a better track car than the NSX-R since it does the Tsukuba circuit faster?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I went and saw this exact Mugen and S2000 and it really wasnt as special as i thought it was. The people at Roush were not too happy with people getting into the car, but i did anyway. I poped the hood too see if indeed it did look different and it didnt at all except for the airbox. I also took a gander at the S2000 CR. It was NICE. A $37,000 price tag, which is too much IMO, but if you have the money to spend i think you would get your money worth.
Thx nycclaye for making this post! Otherwise, I would have never known there was a Mugen so close to me!

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
I think that these Honda dealers who plan to overprice the Mugens are in for a sad awakening. While people would undoubtedly love to get one, even the retail price is a bit steep. Add in dealer markup and they could very well languish on showroom floors. $34,000 is a joke. I just can't see people shelling out so much above retail for a Mugen. After all, it isn't a Shelby GT 500 where the demand is so great.

Reminds me of when the first Mini Coopers came out. Because they were backordered, the dealer here was charging close to $32,000 for an S model. I told the guy to shove it. I said I could buy a G35 for close to that. I did just that and am glad that I bought a G35 over a Mini Cooper S.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I agree with you 100%, but in defence of Mugen, I believe they made the Mugen so people to have the fun of the Si, but have the rareness of an expensive car which is why there was a $5000 mark-up on nothing, but special edition cost making the final cost about $35,000. I would also take an Evo or Sti without second thoughts.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Well they need more than cosmetics and some suspension and an over rated mugen exhasut....its all nice but not worth the price now if it had like 240hp then yea

21 - 40 of 411 Posts