8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Official Mugen Si Thread - Discuss it and post your pics here

129K views 410 replies 221 participants last post by  KRam1574 
#1 ·
sorry no pics!

they have 1 mugen si and it look very nice. Today they sent it to a shop to upgrade the HFP brakes (red slotted rotors) and the MSRP with all the options is like 34K:eek:mg:

dealer said there should be no problem in ordering mugen parts for 4 drs fa5 and they will fit fine.

#4 ·
Official Mugen Si Thread

So my dealership (Roush Honda) in columbus ohio got one of the few Mugen Si's and a S2000 CR. I'm deployed but my mom went and took pix for me. Enjoy....
and they're not selling the Mugen for at least 6 months just to drive up the price. Smart guys...

#8 ·
nycclaye said:
I love the kit on it, but I just can't see payin 8K more than what I got my Si for and only have a few mods.

DYK: the Mugen Si is not Honda Nav-Link Compatible? New to me...
:yeahthat: The Mugen Si is nice but not worth the money, IMO. Now if it was a Mugen RR with 240Hp and 8500 redline, it get that without a second thought.

#11 ·
Maybe it's just me and I need to give it time but neither of these cars look good IMO.

the front of the Si looks ridiculous (first pic). It looks like some aweful body kit was slapped on.

And the rear of the S2000 looks bad to me. The spoiler (although functional...?) is aweful looking and I've never been a fan of the 'Nissan' style tail lights.

Maybe I'm just being picky but it seems these 2 cars have elements to them that most everyone has made fun of for being 'ricer' but since they're rare its acceptable....

Just my insight. Give me a while and maybe I'll warm up to them.

P.S. The hardtop on the S2K is pretty sick tho. :thumb:
EDIT: Rims on the Si are sweet too...

#296 ·
The sick part about it is Mugen, in my opinion, stepped on Honda's toes with their U.S. Si. The Japan-only FD2 Type R sedan is a better looking and better performing car (the latter is true, the former is subjective) and costs...get this...$26,000 U.S. Not kidding, that's straight from many sources. The reason the Type R wasn't released here is because Honda thought people wouldn't pay that much for a Civic - at $30,000 for a Mugen that's ONLY appearance mods, and how fast they sold, I'm sure the Type R would've sold great here. Sucks for us :pat:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.