8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
okay, here is the OFFICIAL word from my Honda dealer of which i work for & everyone there KNOWS how badly i wanted to start ordering parts from them from the Mugen Si order listings (OEM & add-on parts mind you).

i go in to work today & start to place my order for the following Mugen Si parts (fyi, employee discount is 25% off list):

1. Mugen Si shift knob -- $132.55 retail
2. Mugen Si quicker-shifter -- $248.44 retail
3. '08 OEM Si red/blk shift boot -- $30.78 retail
all of the above totalling $350.82 @ my price on the credit card.

went to parts, received my invoice & required to pre-pay for limited release parts (of course.. makes perfect sense). pull out the card & swipe. card processed, signature, happy... expecting all parts to arrive in 2 days' time from Ohio which is where the Mugen "replacement" parts are currently... NOT JAPAN like i'd imagined. :D

10 minutes later, i was called into parts dept. & told to get my VIN to them. jotted down the VIN & he processed the order thru the "I.N. Network" since the part #s were obviously too new to just "order" regularly... 5 minutes go by with no response. parts rep had to kick the situation over to our parts dept manager & he explained the holdup to me.

apparently--regardless if the part(s) are OEM Mugen Si or optional add-on part(s) for the Mugen Si--you HAVE to have a matching "Mugen Si VIN" to be authorized to order from this staggering list of parts. no problem i say. told the parts rep OUR Mugen Si VIN cuz i know it pretty much to memory being #92 & all.... no dice. apparently, NOT ONLY DO YOU HAVE TO "OWN" A MUGEN SI, but you ALSO are required to have the part installed by a Honda rep that is sent to the dealer to be sure you actually have one.

basically, in short, i SH!T you not... you have to physically own & prove you drive a Mugen Si & are interested in either replacement parts or OEM add-on parts in order to have the request completed.

even more layman's terms for ya here... Honda of America DOES NOT want NOR WILL THEY ACCEPT your money to order parts that are already ridiculously priced if you choose to modify your NON-MUGEN Si to your personal tastes. my defense is... i enjoy modifying my STOCK Si (no NAVI, no HPT) to my personal preferences & do not want to buy one already prepped for me *coughMugenSicough*.... who has the BALLS to tell me my money is no good to them?!? i mean honestly..............:xyxnervou

so what im trying to get across in no uncertain terms is... if you've already got Mugen GP wheels, you're lucky... cuz Honda dealers will not be stocking nor ordering Mugen parts @ all for non Mugen Si owners.

absolute utter bullsh!t & i WILL be phoning Honda of America on Monday when im off of work next. just think about the MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of dollars that will NOT be spent due to this horrible attempt @ keeping the Mugen Si & all its parts limited in availability.

im boycotting this sh!t until i hear an official answer from an official employee of Honda of America. im SURE this is not Mugen's doing...purely Honda of America.

/endrant.

*sigh* maybe i should start looking into Type-R parts instead. that Type-R knob is looking better & better each passing day i dont have the Mugen piece.

im appalled to say the least.

discuss if you wish.

~Joey
employee for almost a year of Holler Honda in Orlando, FL.
yuuup, im disgusted.... :coffee:

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
that makes sence in a way, i mean hell why would they want to make more money? no smart company woul EVER want to do that, i mean seriously that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
MarchMadnessisMe said:
that makes sence in a way, i mean hell why would they want to make more money? no smart company woul EVER want to do that, i mean seriously that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard
And I'm pretty sure you're smarter than Honda as a whole, right? There is a reason why Honda is doing this and obviously you don't understand why.

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chugiboi said:
btw is the "Mugen Si quicker-shifter" is the same as the short-shifter right?
yes i was using the actual parts description name. my apologies. it sounds *** doesnt it? hahahha!

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
because it doesnt make sence that a company would stop itself from paying money when they kno ppl r willing 2 pay rediculous prices for mugen parts why wouldnt they sell them and u talk 2 me like i have no idea wut im talkingabout but any moron knows business practices, and yes at some point you can end up losin money selling too much but they can set a certiam amount of parts they will sell and they would make a killing

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
honestly, i get both sides of the story... really i do.

what i dont get is, you would think Honda as a whole would just be offering these parts with "$-signs" in their eyes & be raking in the endless profit from the absurd asking price but knowing full well ppl will still pay up *coughMEcough*

apparently, they dont like to make money on this aspect of it anyways... it seriously blows my mind...

oh & p.s.- obviously others care and/or are interested or else there wouldn't be 11 members viewing this thread within 5 minutes of me posting it up. lol!!

·
Kansas Chainsaw Massacre
6,296 Posts
hmm... I'm not really that surprised. you know what you need to do? find a guy who owns a mugen si (eventually) and get THEM to by the parts for you and you pay them back. ;)

I kinda understand where honda is coming from, here... actually, I rather expected this. I'm sure they will become available eventually....

it does suck for you, though. I don't want any mugen parts, so I'm okay.

try calling another dealership?

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
azndawei said:
joey is the sh!t
ahaha i'd hoped you'd pop in David; since you were one of the first i shared this information with today. i said i would do the rant, & here it is. posted it on ALL the car/Honda related forums im active on.

i want our voice to be heard & something to change down the line. absolutely uncalled for to not allow the American citizen to spend his/her hard earned dollar on something he/she desires.

Honda gets the big ol' "FAIL." on this one currently speaking. :police: :Mad: :violin: :banghead: :help: :flame: :punch:

·
Registered
513 Posts
While this is disappointing to the non Mugen Si owners, such as I (want the shift knob bad!) it's good news for the actual Mugen Si owners. One of the perks to owning the Mugen Si is it's exclusivness. I don't think it's worth the additional 10k myself, but you will be rare if you own one of these. I'm guessing Honda recognizes this and want the Mugen Si owners to feel good about the extra 10k they just spent :eek:mg: and that nobody else can try to replicate the look with the same parts.

Kind of like the limited edition Zanardi NSX. They made only 50 of these babies and they were all red with BBS wheels. Your in some rare air if you own one of these.

If Honda does really decide to keep the limited production number to 1000 as we all know then the owners of this vehicle will feel some sort of specialness and will set them apart.

Having said that, just let us have the shift knob at least :D

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
simons2k said:
While this is disappointing to the non Mugen Si owners, such as I (want the shift knob bad!) it's good news for the actual Mugen Si owners. One of the perks to owning the Mugen Si is it's exclusivness. I don't think it's worth the additional 10k myself, but you will be rare if you own one of these. I'm guessing Honda recognizes this and want the Mugen Si owners to feel good about the extra 10k they just spent :eek:mg: and that nobody else can try to replicate the look with the same parts.

Kind of like the limited edition Zanardi NSX. They made only 50 of these babies and they were all red with BBS wheels. Your in some rare air if you own one of these.

If Honda does really decide to keep the limited production number to 1000 as we all know then the owners of this vehicle will feel some sort of specialness and will set them apart.

Having said that, just let us have the shift knob at least :D
very true of what you speak & i feel ya on it 110%... BUT, what about the absolute RIP-OFF of buying it @ the absurd markup rates from the dealer & then soon down the line you want to upgrade some parts or add additionals from the Mugen parts listings... you gotta pay to play, i understand but thats just SUICIDE IMHO paying those prices after being raped up the a-hole just BUYING the car as-is.

i am ECSTATIC i got my Mugen GP wheels when i did. cuz holy crap this is bogus. GP wheels w/ no TPMS for a 1/3 of the actual cost FTmfW!

sorry im so frustrated guys/girls... im just so genuinely passionate about my distaste for this country sometimes so far as the automotive world is concerned. forgive me. ill get over it i promise.

i just wanted to spread the word & see what "the people" had to say as well.

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
one more quick question before i logoff & watch my thursday NBC shows (YESSSSSS!!!)

how would you all feel if you DID buy a Mugen Si & wanted to buy some parts but you are good with your hands & know cars... how would you react if you heard that SOMEONE else has to install the parts on your car (& likely be CHARGED labor im sure as well!!). let's say you just buy a knob, a quick shifter, and a boot... you have to be BRAIN DEAD to not be able to DIY it honestly... :(

they (Honda) are taking the FUN out of import car ownership & modification IMO.

·
Registered
513 Posts
SOLO8thGenSi said:
one more quick question before i logoff & watch my thursday NBC shows (YESSSSSS!!!)

how would you all feel if you DID buy a Mugen Si & wanted to buy some parts but you are good with your hands & know cars... how would you react if you heard that SOMEONE else has to install the parts on your car (& likely be CHARGED labor im sure as well!!). let's say you just buy a knob, a quick shifter, and a boot... you have to be BRAIN DEAD to not be able to DIY it honestly... :(

they (Honda) is taking the FUN out of import car ownership & modification IMO.
:1: I agree. It should be at the customer's discretion to have it installed by the dealer or not.

·
Registered
923 Posts
SOLO8thGenSi said:

they (Honda) is taking the FUN out of import car ownership & modification IMO.
Maybe you could weasel your way out of having to pay the stealership to install, if you show them the papers to the car and your license and pointed to your Mugen Si parked outside.

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah 12 members & 4 guests viewing. heh, got every1's attn i see.

petition this crap...................... >:D

1 - 20 of 101 Posts