8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

521 - 540 of 554 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hi everyone - I drive a 2011 SI Sedan and I have rev hang... :) Pretty damn sure I do, its annoying. I am worried when I get an exhaust - rev hang is going to contribute to drone even more.... :(

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Question: I am wanting flash pro and a tune.

I have K&N drop in, resonator delete, strup header and straight pipe 2 1/4" to stock muffler. Would i benefit much from I/E or can i get away with decent gains with what I've got? Would i see noticeable enough gains gains to spend another 400+$ on I/E, which id like to avoid..

Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a 2011 SI the rev hang is only apparent from 1st to 2nd for me. Rest of the gears are fine for me but when 1 go from 1st and 2nd sometimes i literally need to wait over 2 seconds for the RPM to drop

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I have a 2011 SI the rev hang is only apparent from 1st to 2nd for me. Rest of the gears are fine for me but when 1 go from 1st and 2nd sometimes i literally need to wait over 2 seconds for the RPM to drop
Only true fix is Flashpro. In my opinion the Si isn't really worth having without Flashpro.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The VIN range is 2HGFG2...6H700001 - 2HGFG2...6H707606..
So I have an '08 FA5 would this still fall in this vin category?? I don't have the rev/lag/ hanging issue just a bit of hesitation And throttle surge in first gear on cold starts... I just thought it was a cold clutch or trans... But this is making me think further!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 06 Si I bought used has bad rev hang. Called the dealer about the Re-flash bulletin. They want 96 dollars for it. What are my options here. Rev Hang problem sucks real bad.

Help please.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
My 06 Si I bought used has bad rev hang. Called the dealer about the Re-flash bulletin. They want 96 dollars for it. What are my options here. Rev Hang problem sucks real bad.

Help please.
What I sincerely recommend is that you buy FlashPro and at least run one of the beginning tunes that some of the folks here have built. From there I'd decide if you plan on any modifications and go visit the guys at e-tunez and have them dial in your tune.

The difference in your car will be night and day. Power will be greater and smoother. Your engine will be running with less knock and greater efficiency. I don't know what you paid for your car but adding FlashPro will so incredibly enhance your driving experience and will be hands-down the best money you could have ever spent on your vehicle. I cannot recommend it highly enough!

521 - 540 of 554 Posts